Whether you’re in the planning or building stage of a development, we can help insure your organization’s construction project.
Our comprehensive insurance package for Contractors offers the following features and benefits:
- Contractor’s Commercial General Liability coverage – insures against 3rd party bodily injury and/or property damage losses for Contractors
- Project Owner’s Commercial General Liability coverage – insures against 3rd party bodily injury and/or property damage losses for Project Owners
- Wrap-up Liability coverage – insures a specific construction project from start to finish
- Builder’s Risk / Course of Construction coverage – insures against any damage or loss to a building during the course of construction
- Comprehensive Home Builders coverage – insures against any damage or loss to commercial or residential construction projects during the course of construction
- Blanket Reporting option for pre-approved limits
Alberta Builder’s Risk Construction Insurance
Westland’s Course of Construction Insurance or Builder’s Risk Insurance can be customized to meet the project needs. The comprehensive package includes coverage for earthquake and flood and coverage can apply for up to 30 days after completion of a project. Policies can also include an option for blanket reporting form coverage with pre-approved limits or if preferred, on an individual certificate basis. Coverage for vacation dwellings after construction is also available. Ask one of our Westland Commercial insurance brokers for a quote on a Builder’s Risk policy.
What is the cost of construction insurance in Alberta?
The cost of construction insurance in Alberta can vary depending on many different factors. The final value or rebuilding cost of the building is one of the major factors that can affect the cost of construction insurance in Alberta. Additional endorsements and coverages can also change the cost of insurance but may be important considerations. For example, a contractor many want to consider coverage for miscellaneous tools and equipment. Claims history can also contribute to the cost of insurance in Alberta. To find out the cost of construction insurance for your project request an Alberta Construction quote or contact an Alberta Westland location.
For more information about Alberta Construction Insurance, contact our Construction Insurance experts at 1-888-259-2747 or complete an online business insurance quote request.