Request a Quote
or Find a Local Agent

Additional Coverage

Earthquake Insurance

No one can prevent an earthquake from ruining your home… however, you can do something to keep it from wiping out your financial stability.  Protect your house with earthquake insurance.

You don’t have to pay through the nose for peace of mind.  It only costs a few extra dollars per month for you to include earthquake insurance onto your home, tenant’s or condo policy.  Feel confident that you can get back on your feet with this additional coverage – especially if your home has been completely destroyed.

Home-Based Business Insurance

Your home business is important to you and your family.  Did you know that the operations of your home-based business are usually not covered under home policies?  There’s a good chance that your policy won’t respond if there’s an accident, fire or other type of loss if it’s a result of your business operations.

Depending on what type of home-based business you have, we could possibly add your business to your home insurance policy.  This would add coverage for damage to any property related to your home business (whether the damage occurs in your home or off-site) as well as liability coverage for your home business.

Identity Theft Insurance

Identity theft is one of the fastest-growing criminal offences in Canada.  If this happens to you, it can be a difficult and painful experience to recover from.  Restoring your good name and repairing your credit can be extremely frustrating and time-consuming.

At Westland, we can safeguard you from the aggravation and costs associated with identity theft by adding identity theft coverage to your policy.  We can also provide you with information and advice on how to avoid falling victim to this common crime.

Personal Liability Umbrella Insurance

Avoid the skyrocketing expense associated with third party injuries and lawsuits by adding umbrella liability to your insurance package.  This added protection insures you against expensive lawsuits or claims that you may cause.

Personal umbrella liability coverage can also cover you for director’s insurance and personal injury losses which aren’t usually covered in standard auto policies and home packages.

Special Articles Insurance

You love collecting jewelry, coins, or fine art which means you may have a large assortment of valuable items you need to protect.  If this is the case, Special Articles Insurance is designed for you.

Watercraft Insurance

If fun on the water and boating is a way of life for you, you may want to get liability coverage in case of an accident and ensure your boat or watercraft is protected.  For small boats or watercrafts, we may be able to simply extend coverage right onto your home policy.


If you have a larger boat or watercraft, we can offer you separate Marine & Boat Insurance.