Going away on a trip can be exciting – match that excitement with good planning. We’ve provided the following tips to assist you in protecting your finances and health while abroad:
- Buy supplemental travel insurance. According to statistics, 40% of travelers think their group or company plan is sufficient when in reality they need extra coverage.
- Check the cancellation policies in your travel insurance. Do you know what circumstances must occur before your policy will refund your ticket?
- Make note of any travel advisories. Visit www.voyage.gc.ca to get updates on travel warnings and advisories before you leave.
- Visit a travel clinic near you and ask about any required shots or health precautions you need to take. A list of clinics can be found at www.phac-aspc.gc.ca
- Check for information on any outbreaks in the area you’ll be visiting. Check the Canadian Public Health Agency’s website at www.TravelHealth.gc.ca for updates.
- Keep paper copies of your prescriptions with you when traveling. You may need them if you lose your medicine and have to to get a refill.
For more information, contact our office today at (403) 259-2747 or call toll free at 1-888-259-2747.