Auto Insurance Mississauga
Nothing beats driving down the waterfront near Lake Ontario, cruising along as you take in the sights. Enjoy the beauty of nature with the convenience of city-living in Mississauga.
To get around the city, you need a vehicle that you can rely on. You also need an auto insurance policy, one that’s comprehensive and designed to meet your needs.
Protect your vehicle (and your freedom) with auto insurance in Mississauga. At Westland Insurance, we’ll help you find the right coverage for your vehicle.
In Mississauga, your insurance policy must include the following four types of coverage:
This coverage protects everyone involved in an accident (drivers, passengers, and pedestrians), regardless of who is at fault. Coverage includes income replacement, death benefits, rehabilitation expenses, caregivers, and medical expenses.
If you cause an accident that results in property damage or bodily injury, the other driver may choose to file a lawsuit against you. This insurance will cover the legal defence costs. You’ll be covered up to the limit specified in your policy.
When you’re not at fault (or only partially at fault) for an accident, DCD covers damage costs and loss of use. With this policy, the claim is filed with your own insurance provider, which ensures a faster turnaround time.
What if you’re involved in an accident, but the at-fault driver has no insurance? Or if your car is damaged in a hit-and-run? In these situations, you’ll be covered by uninsured motorist protection.
If you want to expand your insurance, you can choose from these additional types of coverage:
- Accident protection/accident forgiveness. After your first at-fault accident, this insurance coverage will protect your premiums and driving record (as long as you stay with the same provider).
- Removing depreciation deduction. Consider this coverage if you own/lease a new vehicle. Without it, depreciation will not be applied to a loss claim.
- Loss of use. If your car is damaged by an insured peril, this policy will cover the costs of renting a vehicle in the meantime.
- Liability for damage to a non-owned automobile. Get covered for physical damage to vehicles that you don’t own, such as a rental or borrowed vehicle.
- Physical damage coverage. These policies are designed to cover the repair and replacement costs for your vehicle. Options include collision, comprehensive, specified perils, and all perils coverage.
Personal Auto Insurance Discounts
How can you save on your Mississauga auto insurance? You may be eligible for any of the following discounts:
- Bundle your car and home insurance
- Install a security camera or add anti-theft measures
- Take additional driving courses
- Ask about the mature customer discount
Auto Insurance FAQ
Your driving record is one of the most significant factors when it comes to determining your Mississauga car insurance rates. After you receive a traffic or speeding ticket, your rates will go up.
In all likelihood, you’ll need to find a new insurance company when you move to a new province. At Westland, we’ll help you find a new insurance provider. We’ll need information like your contact details, licence, insurance history, and address.
If you’ve made an insurance claim in the past few months or you’ve been issued a traffic ticket, your auto insurance premiums will increase.
Your premiums also depend on the type of vehicle that you drive. A car with a high value will cost more to repair or replace, which makes your insurance cost more. For example, your premiums for a 2015 Honda Civic will be much lower than a brand-new Tesla.
Most insurance providers offer policies in 6-month or 12-month terms. However, we can try to find an insurance solution that works for your situation; contact one of our advisors today.
If your spouse uses your vehicle often, we recommend adding them as a secondary driver to your policy.
Yes. Be sure to update your insurance after you receive your class 5 licence.
Your car insurance premiums are affected by factors like:
- Insurance history/driving history. With a good driving record, you may be eligible for an insurance discount. Practice good driving habits to get cheaper car insurance.
- Use of vehicle. Do you drive your car every day? Or do you only use it once a week? Those who drive more often will pay more for insurance.
- Location. In high-traffic areas, accidents are more common; there are also higher rates of theft and vandalism. This leads to a higher auto insurance premium.
The rates in Mississauga are set at the provincial level.
Yes, all Mississauga drivers must have the four types of mandatory insurance (accident benefits, liability coverage, uninsured motorist protection, and direct compensation damage).
The highways in Mississauga get slippery in the winter, which leads to more accidents. Most auto insurance companies will give you a discount for driving with winter tires. Consider switching to seasonal tires to lower your car insurance cost.
Comparing car insurance quotes is another great way to save on insurance. Not all companies offer equal coverage and pricing, so it’s best to shop around. At Westland Insurance, our advisors will help you find the lowest car insurance rates.
New drivers pay higher insurance premiums due to their lack of experience. To find out exactly how much your car insurance will cost, contact us for a quote.
Trying to find cheap car insurance? Get in touch with our insurance brokers today. We work with auto insurance companies across the province to provide you with the cheapest car insurance quotes.
Request an Auto Insurance Quote Today!
At Westland Insurance, it’s our job to find you the best price on car insurance coverage. Save money on car insurance in Mississauga with our services. We’ll compare car insurance quotes to help you find affordable auto insurance rates.
To request a car insurance quote, contact us today!