BC Optional Rental Vehicle Insurance Coverage
If you are renting or borrowing a vehicle, consider our Rental Vehicle Coverage that offers more complete coverage at a more reasonable price than most insurance offered by credit card or car rental companies.
Rental Vehicle Coverage combines much of the coverage of Basic Autoplan with optional coverages, including:
- Third Party Liability up to $1 million
- Accident Benefits to people in the rented or borrowed vehicle
- Underinsured Motorist Protection
- Collision coverage with a $300 deductible
- Comprehensive coverage that features:
- a $300 deductible
- coverage of windshield claims due to flying objects ($200 deductible)
- Loss of Use coverage for up to $25 per day (for a total of $250)
- Payment for claims made by the rental company for loss of rental income
If you own and license a vehicle in British Columbia, your own Third Party Liability coverage can also be used as excess coverage on a rental vehicle. However, claims paid from your own vehicle's coverage will affect your position on the Claim-Rated Scale, increasing the premiums you pay in the future. Claims paid under a Rental Vehicle Policy won't.
A version of the Rental Vehicle Policy can also be purchased as part of a RoadStar Package or as part of the more comprehensive package Roadside Plus.
There are some restrictions to the Rental Vehicle Policy. These should be discussed with your Westland broker before you purchase your policy.
Unsure of whether you need Rental Vehicle coverage?
Contact the Westland Insurance office nearest you
call our Telecentre at 604-543-7788 or toll free at 1-800-899-3093.