You work hard to grow your business; choose a broker committed to helping you get the most out of your policy. The Westland Insurance Commercial Fleet team is comprised of Fleet Insurance professionals dedicated to servicing the needs of our commercial auto customers. We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships by providing our clients with the highest level of service.
Westland’s Fleet Insurance Team offers both ICBC Fleet Insurance and private insurance. Clients have direct access to experienced Fleet Specialists and customized reporting services including claims analysis and fleet schedules.
Westland’s Fleet Departments Services Include:
- ICBC Fleet Insurance
- Mobile delivery of documents, decals and plates throughout the Lower Mainland from North Vancouver to Chilliwack and Mission (Including Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, New Westminster, Delta, Langley and Abbotsford)
- Prorate Licensing
- Dedicated transaction processing for quick turnaround time
- Risk Management Services
- ICBC Garage Policies
- Fleet Premium Adjustment Program Enrollment
Our fleet clients include, but are not limited to:
- Cities, municipalities & Townships
- School districts
- General contractors
- Transportation and trucking
- Care service providers
- Churches & religious associations
- Automotive repair garages,
- Dealerships & Towing companies
- Restoration services
What is a fleet?
A fleet is 5 or more vehicles (trailers do not count towards eligibility, but can be included and receive a discount after the fleet is established) that are registered and/or leased to a single individual or company. Fleets with 5 to 19 vehicles have the option to enroll in a fleetplan, fleets of 20 or more vehicles are required to enroll.
What are the benefits of enrolling in ICBC's Fleet Plan?
- No requirement to list drivers
- Higher premium discounts – up to 63%
- Fleet Discounts for trailers
- Fleet policies expire at the same time and always at month end, making administration easier
- Access to quarterly and four-year claims reports
- No requirement to list drivers or declare a location address
- Single annual or monthly premium payment for all vehicles
How are fleet discounts calculated?
Fleet premium discounts are based on the cost of your claims, as opposed to when you insure a vehicle individually, where the quantity of claims matters.
ICBC calculates your fleet discount using your adjusted claims cost and your gross premium to create a “fleet loss ratio percentage.” Claims costs are adjusted by capping them at a certain limit; most claims are capped at $7,500 per coverage but this can change depending on a particular fleet’s experience. The loss ratio is calculated using the following formula:
Adjusted Claims Cost ÷ Gross Premium = Loss Ratio Percentage
The Loss Ratio Percentage is then rounded up and deducted from the maximum possible discount of 63%; the resulting amount is the fleet discount for the year. For example:
$10,400 ÷ $36,400 = 28.57% Loss Ratio
Rounding up 28.57% gives you 29%, which you deduct from 63% to get the annual fleet discount: 34%
How do you apply for fleet status?
Please contact your local Westland Insurance broker or our Commercial Fleet Department at the information below. Applications can be done in real-time with just one phone call!
Please contact our Fleet Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-545-5770.
Or visit a Westland Insurance branch
BC Insurance locations include...
Vancouver, Richmond, North Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster,
White Rock, Delta, Tsawwassen, Ladner, Surrey, Langley, Abbotsford, Mission, Maple Ridge, Gibsons, Sechelt, Squamish, Whistler, Dawson creek, Terrace, Fernie, Invermere, Cranbrook
Victoria, Tofino, Port Alberni, Parksville, Nanaimo, Kelowna, Vernon, Penticton, Oliver, Osoyoos