Car Insurance in BC
Eight Ways to Save on Auto Insurance
• Have a Westland Insurance representative in BC to review your BC car insurance to make sure you have the correct vehicle use and territory. Something as simple as an incorrect address can make a difference in the cost of BC car insurance.
• If you have an immobilizer, or automatic breaking system make sure you have the discount!
• Consider private auto insurance. Ask one of our brokers about Family Autocover!
• Maintain a clean driving record.
• Starting in 2019, drivers can save money with annual low kilometres
• Paying for your insurance annually rather than monthly can reduce the total annual cost of your insurance.
BC Car Insurance
Auto insurance in BC is mandatory for everyone and there are many coverages available. Though every policy in BC must contain ICBC Autoplan basic car insurance, consumers also have the choice of using a private insurance company for comprehensive and other insurance add-ons.
Click here for further details on these coverages. For more information about Basic Autoplan, contact the nearest Westland Insurance Group office or call 604-543-7788 or toll free at 1-800-899-3093.
Family Autocover Private Insurance
One of the benefits of dealing with a Westland Insurance broker is having the option of purchasing Family Autocover private auto insurance to supplement the ICBC Basic Autoplan. The Family Autocover program offers two choices – AutoStandard, or AutoPlus with increased benefits ensuring we have a policy that will meet your needs.
Some examples of Autocover options are:
|Emergency Service Expense
|| $50 per occurrence, $100 annual limit. Option to increase to $250 per occurrence
|| $250 per occurance, no annual limit
|Loss of Use
|| $1,200 with a $100 daily limit, or unlimited when using a certified Economical Repair Facility & subcompact vehicle. Higher Limits available.
||Up to $1000 per occurance
Ask your local Westland Insurance broker for further information.
Get a Car Insurance Quote
Are you looking for the cheapest car insurance in BC? Cheapest may not always mean the best coverage. Going through car insurance options can be daunting as there are many mandatory aspects combined with a variety of new coverages through optional sources. It is important to understand the car insurance coverage options available to you.
Westland makes it easier for you to get a quote. Our brokers have years of experience dealing with Autoplan coverages and can work with you to find the best coverage for your specific needs.
Online Auto Renewals in BC
Westland can renew ICBC online through our in-house team. Be sure to request your renewal early through our online form so you receive your new decal in the mail before your renewal date.
To renew your insurance online, you will need:
- Your current insurance documents, or ICBC renewal reminder
- Your BC drivers license
Proof of your odometer, if you drive less than 5,000 km/year. Your Westland Insurance broker is available if you have other questions about your insurance renewal. To find an office near you, click here.