Car Insurance in BC
Eight Ways to Save on Auto Insurance
- Have a Westland Insurance representative in BC to review your BC car insurance to make sure you have the correct vehicle use and territory. Something as simple as an incorrect address can make a difference in the cost of BC car insurance.
- If you have an immobilizer, make sure you have the discount!
- Consider private auto insurance. Ask one of our brokers about Westland Green Private Auto Insurance!
- Maintain a clean driving record.
- Starting in 2019, drivers can save money with annual low kilometres
- If you use transit for part of your commute to work, make sure to ask your broker about the rate class for using public transit.
- If all household members who drive the vehicle have over ten years driving experience, you could save money!
- Paying for your insurance annually rather than monthly can reduce the total annual cost of your insurance.
BC Car Insurance
Auto insurance in BC is mandatory for everyone and there are many coverages available. Though every policy in BC must contain ICBC Autoplan basic car insurance, consumers also have the choice of using a private insurance company for comprehensive and other insurance add-ons.
Click here for further details on these coverages. For more information about Basic Autoplan, contact the nearest Westland Insurance Group office or call 604-543-7788 or toll free at 1-800-899-3093.
Westland Green Private Auto Insurance
One of the benefits of dealing with a Westland Insurance broker is having the option of purchasing Westland Green private auto insurance to supplement the ICBC Basic Autoplan. Underwritten by Intact Insurance, the Green program offers two choices – Greenshield, which is standard for all Westland Green policies, and Greenshield+, offering increased benefits on the plan.
Some examples of Greenshield coverages are:
| ||Greenshield Standard ||GreenShield+ |
|Loss of Use ||$1,000 per occurrence ||$2,000 per occurrence |
|Travel Protection ||$1,500 for 1-2 people ||$3,000 for 1-2 people |
|Lock Re-Keying ||$500 for one policy period ||$1,000 for one policy period |
Westland Greenshield+ also offers increased value over ICBC Roadstar Plus on many coverages. Ask your local Westland Insurance broker for further information.
Get a Car Insurance Quote
Are you looking for the cheapest car insurance in BC? Cheapest may not always mean the best coverage. Going through car insurance options can be daunting as there are many mandatory aspects combined with a variety of new coverages through optional sources. It is important to understand the car insurance coverage options available to you.
Westland makes it easier for you to get a quote. Our brokers have years of experience dealing with Autoplan coverages and can work with you to find the best coverage for your specific needs.
Online Auto Renewals in BC
At the moment, it is not possible to renew your auto insurance online. You would need to meet with an insurance broker, but the process is relatively simple. Just take note of the following items:
- Bring your current insurance papers, or the Notice to Renew you receive in the mail
- Show your current valid driver's license or other primary photo ID
- have a void cheque for automatic withdrawls, or if your account information has changed
- ensure all overdue bridge tolls are paid
Your Westland Insurance broker is available if you have other questions about your insurance renewal. To find an office near you, click here.