Information Technology Business Insurance in BC
The Information Technology industry is a unique, cutting edge business environment —but one that involves risks both specific to the field and general to business.
Whether you’re concerned about clients or competitors infringing on your intellectual property rights or protecting your sensitive data from viruses or other external attacks, we’re prepared to help protect you.
At Westland Insurance Group, we work closely with computer consultants, programmers, web designers and other IT professionals to develop our policies, so you can be confident we recognize your industry’s specific requirements.
Our package considers risks like:
- Intellectual Property Rights
- ‘Hacker’ attacks
- Contractual Liability
We recognize the constantly evolving nature of the IT field, and tailor our package to fit this. We offer modified liability and professional liability insurance as well as broad property protection. Our comprehensive insurance package includes:
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Professional Liability Insurance (Errors & Omissions)
- General Liability Insurance
- Employment Practices Liability
- Intellectual Property Rights Coverage, including Copyright Infringement
- Libel and Slander Coverage
- Computer Virus and Hacker attacks
- Coverage for losses arising from product failure or deficiency
- Coverage for losses arising from provision of services
Along with a high level of service and a range of insurance products, we offer expert claims advice and loss control and risk management services for the IT companies we insure.
For more information about Information Technology Insurance, contact our Information Technology Insurance Specialists at InformationTechnology@WestlandInsurance.ca or call our Telecentre at (604) 543-7788 or toll free at 1-800-899-3093.