Tips for Safe Travel and Travel Insurance
Travelling is an exciting time--match that enthusiasm with strong planning. Here are six tips to help safeguard your health and finances while abroad:
- Buy supplemental travel insurance. Statistics show that 40% of travellers rely on their company or group plan, but you may need additional coverage.
- Check your travel insurance cancellation policies. Under what circumstances will your policy refund your ticket in case you cancel your trip?
- Check the Canadian Foreign Affairs Travel Advisories. This website provides nine levels of travel warnings: www.voyage.gc.ca
- Visit your local travel clinic for required shots and ask about health precautions for your destination. The Canadian Public Health Agency provides a list of clinics: www.phac-aspc.gc.ca
- For updates on outbreaks, visit the Canadian Public Health Agency’s website: www.TravelHealth.gc.ca
- Keep a hard copy of your prescription in case you lose your medication and need a refill.
For more information about Travel Insurance, contact the Westland Insurance Group office that’s most convenient for you or call our Telecentre at (604) 543-7788 or toll free at 1-800-899-3093.