Care-Providers Insurance – Manitoba
Operating senior care or retirement facilities can be an enriching experience. From having a great team to look after and care for the residents to creating meaningful experiences and memories. As an organization providing care for our older population, you know the importance of safety, as it’s at the forefront of your organization. Let us take care of you in finding the right coverage so you’re able to focus on what’s most important.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each business in the care providers industry in Manitoba is unique in its own way. From those located in Winnipeg along the Red River to those in Portage la Prairie with scenic prairie views and all other associations in between, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to call Manitoba home to their business.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
We understand that insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, click here.
Care Providers Insurance Explained
Whether your facilities are home to those in small communities or your operation is home to many in a facility with various amenities, every care provider organization faces risks specific to the industry. Like any business, some risks can have potentially devastating consequences. For example, risks include everything from damage from plumbing systems to natural disasters and legal liability risks. The most common claims affecting this sector that we see most include fires, vehicle impacts, slip and falls, assaults, electrical damage, and more. By far the leading type of claims both in frequency and in severity are water damage losses. With the right insurance policy in place, we can ensure your business is covered so you can focus on providing the best care to your residents.
Senior and retirement care providers aren’t in the business of creating the next best product or app; your focus is on the support and empowerment of those who’ve placed their trust in you. Because of this, there are unique risks to the care providers industry. We have more than 35 years of experience customizing insurance policies for senior retirement and care facilities’ unique needs.
At Westland, we have a comprehensive and specialized care provider package that has everything to keep your business covered, including:
- Directors & Officers Liability Insurance
- Property Coverage
- Abuse & Harassment Liability Insurance
- Community Care & Assisted Living Act
- Drug Spoilage, All Risks Exterior Glass & Non-Owned
- Automobile Insurance
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Professional Errors & Omissions Liability Insurance
- Volunteer Accident Insurance
- Equipment Breakdown Insurance
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
10 Manitoba Business Facts
- It should come to no surprise that the agriculture industry is a vital part of the economy in Manitoba. In fact, it’s found in almost all communities in the southern half of the province.
- Manitoba boasts the largest producers of sunflower seed and dry beans.
- Love fast food fries? They likely came from hard working potato farmers in Portage la Prairie and surrounding community. So much so there is the Potato Festival every year in celebration of just that, potatoes!
- The main tourist attraction in Manitoba is Churchill’s Arctic wildlife. Visitors can travel to northern Manitoba and become part of a sloth of polar bears.
- The oldest company in Canada finds its home in downtown Winnipeg. The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is the oldest Canadian company and just the second oldest in North America.
- When you think of Manitoba, does the aerospace industry come to mind? It should! It is the largest in Western Canada and employs over 5,300 people.
- Manitoba is the cultural capital of Canada when it comes to festivals. Locals can take in Festival Du Voyageur, Folklarama, Trapper’s Festival and Manito Ahbee.
- Transportation and logistics are another strength of Manitoba. CentrePort Canada is a 20,000-acre inland port. It provides facilities for warehousing, manufacturing and distribution.
- Manitoba has some pretty creative residents! So much so in fact that it’s coined the name the Cultural Cradle of Canada. We have more than 4,600 business involved in visual arts, music and performing. We also have 400 in film, 900 design firms, and 300 marketing and advertising businesses.
- Food processing pulls in $4.7 billion in revenues with over 250 companies. Food items include pork, eggs and other meat products.