Commercial Auto Insurance – Alberta
If your business includes an element of being out on the road, you’ll want to learn more about commercial auto insurance. Whether you are a specialty trades contractor who relies on your truck every day for work or a construction company with many vehicles, Westland takes the guess work out of insuring your business vehicles. Commercial auto insurance ensures that you have the proper coverage and provides peace of mind, so you’re able to focus on the future of your business.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each business in Alberta is unique in its own way. From general contractors located in Red Deer to oil & gas businesses located in Edmonton and Northern Alberta, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to set up shop in Alberta.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
Insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, click here.
Commercial Auto Insurance Explained
Whether your operation has one vehicle or many, you need the proper protection with a commercial auto insurance solution based on your needs. Commercial auto insurance is required on vehicles that operate outside of personal use purposes. For those that operate with many vehicles, fleet insurance is great from an efficiency and cost management perspective.
Whether your operation has one vehicle or many, you need the proper protection with a commercial auto insurance solution based on your needs. Commercial auto insurance is required on vehicles that operate outside of personal use purposes. For those that operate with many vehicles, fleet insurance is a great option from an efficiency and cost management perspective.
Any vehicle that is used for business purposes is classified as a commercial vehicle. For instance, driving to and from work or school isn’t considered a business purpose. An electrician’s van with tools and equipment that’s used in the business would be a commercial vehicle.
Westland’s commercial auto policies include the following coverages:
- Third Party Liability
Pays for damages due to bodily injury or property damage to others for which you are legally liable. Coverage also includes legal defence costs.
- Accident Benefits
Covers medical, death, funeral, disability benefits, and uninsured motorist coverage arising from an automobile accident.
- Collision and Comprehensive
Physical damage protection for your commercial vehicle.
Our team of Fleet Insurance professionals are dedicated to servicing the needs of our commercial auto customers. We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships by providing our clients with the highest level of service.
- Common expiry/anniversary date for all owned & leased vehicles
- Greater convenience and flexibility in managing your fleet insurance
- Premium discounts for eligible fleets
- Fleet Discounts for trailers
- Single annual or monthly premium payment for all vehicles
Any organization that has a group of vehicles that are used for business purposes can benefit from fleet insurance, including:
- Cities, Municipalities & Townships
- School Districts
- General Contractors
- Transportation & Trucking
- General Companies
- Care Service Providers
- Churches & Religious Associations
- Automotive Repair Garages
- Dealerships & Towing Companies
- Restoration Services
- Specialty Trade Contractor
Yes, please contact your local Westland Insurance broker or our Commercial Fleet Department at the information below.
Is your business in the trucking or logistics industry? If so, you’ll want to check out our Transportation & Logistics page.
How Much Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cost in Alberta?
Just as businesses differ across Alberta, so do the risks and exposures which impact the cost. The following factors will impact the cost of your fleet insurance coverage:
- Types of Vehicles
- Number of Vehicles
- Driver Experience
- Nature of Business
- Claims History
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Our insurance advisors are here to help make the process of getting commercial auto insurance as easy as possible. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To review your current insurance policies with one of our expert advisors, or to get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
10 Alberta Business Facts
- It should come as no surprise that Alberta is known for its Oil and Gas. It’s the largest oil producing province in Canada. It provided 79.2% of all Canadian oil production in 2015.
- Canada’s favourite beverage, the Caeser, was invented in Calgary in 1969. Since then, it’s become a staple on many restaurant menus across Canada.
- Edmonton is home to the largest shopping centre in North America. West Edmonton Mall offers more than 800 stores, two hotels and over 100 restaurants.
- Each summer, Calgary hosts the largest rodeo in the world. This welcomes over 1,200 businesses to the Stampede as well as more than four million guests.
- Think Boston Pizza was founded in Boston? Not the case. Gus Agioritis founded Boston Pizza and opened the first BP’s in Edmonton.
- Ranching is a large industry in Alberta, with cash receipts totalling $4.58 billion in 2016.
- Alberta is a thriving province when it comes to tourism and supports over 130,000 jobs. From natural beauty to festivals there is something for everyone and every business.
- Cattle farming is one of Alberta’s main agricultural sectors. Did you know that over 40% of all cattle in Canada are located throughout Alberta farms.
- Your paper products might just come directly from the forests of Alberta. In fact, over 47,000 jobs are in the lumber industry which contributes to over $11 billion dollars to the economy.
- Although a main driving factor in Alberta is the petroleum industry, emerging industries are making a name for themselves in Alberta. Technology and data, aviation and logistics, energy and cleantech are among the most important key sectors.
Need some help?
We'll help you get back to normal as quickly as possible.Claims
When you need us, we’re here. Connect with us.Contact Us
Visit Client Support
Check out our resources page for helpful content or connect with our client support team.Contact Client Support