Community-Living Insurance – British Columbia
As a community living association, your organization works to support and advocate for those who require special living arrangements. Your organization operates to support the inclusion of everyone in the community, recreation or work, and school. As active members and corporate supporters of Inclusion BC and the BC CEO Network, we understand the unique risk of this industry. We want to take the stress out of finding the right coverage so you can look after what’s most important.
As your local insurance experts for over 40 years, we know that each business in the community living association industry in BC is unique in its own way. From those located on Vancouver Island with scenic ocean views to along the Okanagan River in Kelowna and all other associations in between, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to call BC home for their business. And with 100 locations across the province, there’s sure to be a Westland location near you.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
We understand that insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, click here.
Community Living Associations Insurance Explained
Community living associations advocate for and provide support to clients who have specific needs or challenges. Whether you support a few residents or many, your association needs the right coverage to ensure you and the people you support are adequately covered. With the right insurance policy in place, we can ensure your focus can remain on empowering those you work to support, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Community living associations don’t have an open sign necessarily, and more so operate to ensure those with specific needs and challenges have the right living situation. Because of this, there are unique risks to the community living association sector.
At Westland, we’ve developed a specialized insurance program to meet your organization’s unique insurance needs, including:
- Directors & Officers Liability including Entity Coverage
- Employment Practices Coverage
- Professional Liability Coverage
- Personal Effects Coverage
- Abuse, Harassment & Molestation Liability
- Comprehensive Property Insurance
- Business Interruption & Emergency Vacating Expenses
- Legal Expense Endorsement & Criminal Defense Insurance
- Fraudulent and/or Dishonesty Coverage including Third Party Extension
- Cyber Coverage
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
10 BC Business Facts
- British Columbia has a solid small business sector, with 98% of all businesses in the province and over one million people employed.
- British Columbia is one of the top 3 producing regions of cranberries and blueberries in the world.
- BC ranks first in the country for small businesses (per capita), with 84.2 businesses per 1,000 people.
- Over 38% of self-employed BC residents are women, making BC the second-highest rate of women-led businesses in the country.
- The primary industry in BC is the service industry, accounting for more than 75% of the province’s GDP.
- In Vancouver alone, there are approximately 79,989 businesses.
- BC’s forest industry contributes about $12.9 billion to the provincial GDP every year.
- The film industry in BC employs over 70,000 people.
- Fan of seafood? BC is the place for you, exporting salmon, crab, shrimp, you name it!
- British Columbia is one of the most popular wine regions on the continent.
Need some help?
We'll help you get back to normal as quickly as possible.Claims
When you need us, we’re here. Connect with us.Contact Us
Visit Client Support
Check out our resources page for helpful content or connect with our client support team.Contact Client Support