Contractors’ Equipment Insurance – Alberta
Imagine completing a large landscaping job without any equipment. Hauling heavy rocks and sod rolls by hand just doesn’t make sense. Neither does having heavy equipment without the right coverage! Whether you’re a landscaper with a bobcat, or a road construction company with a fleet of machines, your machines are at risk of damage or loss while you’re putting them to work. You likely need Contractors’ equipment to complete your day-to-day. Contractors’ equipment insurance can help look after your equipment to you can keep working hard on your next projects.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each business in Alberta is unique in its own way. From landscape companies in Lethbridge who bring beauty to the yards of their clients to road construction companies who keep potholes off the streets of Calgary, and every other company using contractors’ equipment in between, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to set up shop in Alberta.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
We understand that insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
Contractors’ Equipment Insurance Explained
For some companies, the use of heavy equipment is a total necessity to get the job done. Heavy equipment is an expensive asset to your business, so it’s important to have the right coverage to ensure it’s protected. As specialists in contractor’s equipment Insurance, Westland Insurance understands the terrain your equipment is used in and the potential risks you encounter. Our policy stands up to the demands of the field to ensure you are protected.
No matter the industry, our commercial insurance advisors can help you find the right coverage to ensure your business is covered if there’s a loss to your heavy equipment inventory.
Contractors’ equipment policies will provide coverage for two main areas: coverage for equipment against physical loss or damage to the equipment itself as well as insurance protection for potential liability insurance claims that could arise from the use and operation of such equipment. For example, your Contractors’ equipment inventory will be covered in the event of an insured loss such as fire or theft.
What additional extensions of coverage can a contractors’ equipment insurance policy provide?
- Newly Acquired Property coverage can extend coverage to automatically insure any additional newly acquired items that you rent, borrow, lease or purchase.
- Rental Reimbursement can extend coverage to insure the additional expenses incurred for the rental of replacement equipment, when your equipment has suffered loss or damage from a peril insured.
- Rental Equipment Coverage can extend coverage to insure loss or damage to equipment rented from others.
Some of the heavy equipment industries we serve include:
- Pipeline Construction
- Road Construction
- Snow Removal
- General Construction
Wherever your equipment goes, your equipment insurance is along for the ride as well. That means, wherever jobs take you, you won’t have to worry about the big things, like hitting power lines, or the little things, like broken windows.
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
How Much Does Contractors’ Equipment Insurance Cost in AB?
Just as businesses differ across the province, so do the risks and exposures which impact the cost. The following factors will impact the cost of your contractors’ equipment insurance coverage:
- Equipment Value
- Type of Equipment
- Location of Equipment
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
Theft is one of the most common claims we see when it comes to contractors’ equipment, whether that’s theft from the job site or from the vehicle containing equipment. The right contractors’ equipment insurance policy will help mitigate these risks and get you back to your normal as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to find the best coverage for your business so you can focus on what’s important. To learn more about being a Westland client, click here.
10 Business Facts About Alberta
- It should come as no surprise that Alberta is known for its Oil and Gas. It’s the largest oil producing province in Canada. It provided 79.2% of all Canadian oil production in 2015.
- Canada’s favourite beverage, the Caeser, was invented in Calgary in 1969. Since then, it’s become a staple on many restaurant menus across Canada.
- Edmonton is home to the largest shopping centre in North America. West Edmonton Mall offers more than 800 stores, two hotels and over 100 restaurants.
- Each summer, Calgary hosts the largest rodeo in the world. They welcome over 1,200 businesses to the Stampede as well as more than four million guests.
- Think Boston Pizza was founded in Boston? Not the case. Gus Agioritis founded Boston Pizza and opened the first BP’s in Edmonton.
- Ranching is a large industry in Alberta, with cash receipts totalling $4.58 billion in 2016.
- Alberta is a thriving province when it comes to tourism and supports over 130,000 jobs. From natural beauty to festivals there is something for everyone and every business.
- Cattle farming is one of Alberta’s main agricultural sectors. Did you know that over 40% of all cattle in Canada are located throughout Alberta farms.
- Your paper products might just come directly from the forests of Alberta. In fact, over 47,000 jobs are in the lumber industry which contributes to over $11 billion dollars to the economy.
- Although a main driving factor in Alberta is the petroleum industry, emerging industries are making a name for themselves in Alberta. Technology and data, aviation and logistics, energy and cleantech are among the most important key sectors.
Need some help?
We'll help you get back to normal as quickly as possible.Claims
When you need us, we’re here. Connect with us.Contact Us
Visit Client Support
Check out our resources page for helpful content or connect with our client support team.Contact Client Support