Contractors’ Equipment Insurance – British Columbia
Imagine completing a large landscaping job without any equipment. Hauling heavy rocks and sod rolls by hand just doesn’t make sense. Neither does having heavy equipment without the right coverage! Whether you’re a landscaper with a bobcat, or a road construction company with a fleet of machines, your equipment is at risk of damage or loss while you’re putting it to work. You likely need Contractors’ equipment to complete your day-to-day. Contractors’ equipment insurance can help look after your machines so you can keep working hard on your next projects.
As your local insurance experts for over 40 years, we know that each business in BC is unique in its own way. From landscape companies in Burnaby who bring beauty to the yards of their clients to road construction companies who keep potholes off the streets of Langley, and every other company using contractors’ equipment in between, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to set up shop in BC. And with 100 locations across the province, there’s sure to be a Westland location near you.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
We understand that insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
Contractors’ Equipment Insurance Explained
For some companies, the use of heavy equipment is a total necessity to get the job done. Heavy equipment is an expensive asset to your business, so it’s important to have the right coverage to ensure it’s protected. As specialists in contractor’s equipment Insurance, Westland Insurance understands the terrain your equipment is used in and the potential risks you encounter. Our policy stands up to the demands of the field to ensure you are protected.
No matter the industry, our commercial insurance advisors can help you find the right coverage to ensure your business is covered if there’s a loss to your heavy equipment inventory.
Contractors’ equipment policies will provide coverage for two main areas: coverage for equipment against physical loss or damage to the equipment itself as well as insurance protection for potential liability insurance claims that could arise from the use and operation of such equipment. For example, your Contractors’ equipment inventory will be covered in the event of an insured loss such as fire or theft.
What additional extensions of coverage can a contractors’ equipment insurance policy provide?
- Newly Acquired Property coverage can extend coverage to automatically insure any additional newly acquired items that you rent, borrow, lease or purchase.
- Rental Reimbursement can extend coverage to insure the additional expenses incurred for the rental of replacement equipment, when your equipment has suffered loss or damage from a peril insured.
- Rental Equipment Coverage can extend coverage to insure loss or damage to equipment rented from others.
Some of the heavy equipment industries we serve include:
- Pipeline Construction
- Road Construction
- Snow Removal
- General Construction
Wherever your equipment goes, your equipment insurance is along for the ride as well. That means, wherever jobs take you, you won’t have to worry about the big things, like hitting power lines, or the little things, like broken windows.
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
How Much Does Contractors’ Equipment Insurance Cost in BC?
Just as businesses differ across the province, so do the risks and exposures which impact the cost. The following factors will impact the cost of your contractors’ equipment insurance coverage:
- Equipment Value
- Type of Equipment
- Location of Equipment
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
Theft is one of the most common claims we see when it comes to contractors’ equipment, whether that’s theft from the job site or from the vehicle containing equipment. The right contractors’ equipment insurance policy will help mitigate these risks and get you back to your normal as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to find the best coverage for your business so you can focus on what’s important. To learn more about being a Westland client, click here.
10 BC Business Facts
- British Columbia has a solid small business sector, with 98% of all businesses in the province and over one million people employed.
- British Columbia is one of the top 3 producing regions of cranberries and blueberries in the world.
- BC ranks first in the country for small businesses (per capita), with 84.2 businesses per 1,000 people.
- Over 38% of self-employed BC residents are women, making BC the second-highest rate of women-led businesses in the country.
- The primary industry in BC is the service industry, accounting for more than 75% of the province’s GDP.
- In Vancouver alone, there are approximately 79,989 businesses.
- BC’s forest industry contributes about $12.9 billion to the provincial GDP every year.
- The film industry in BC employs over 70,000 people.
- Fan of seafood? BC is the place for you, exporting salmon, crab, shrimp, you name it!
- British Columbia is one of the most popular wine regions on the continent.