Contractors’ Equipment Insurance – Nova Scotia
Imagine completing a large landscaping job without any equipment. Hauling heavy rocks and sod rolls by hand just doesn’t make sense. Neither does having heavy equipment without the right coverage! Whether you’re a landscaper with a bobcat, or a road construction company with a fleet of machines, your machines are at risk of damage or loss while you’re putting them to work. You likely need heavy equipment to complete your day-to-day. Heavy equipment insurance can help look after your equipment to you can keep working hard on your next projects.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each business in Nova Scotia is unique in its own way. From landscape companies in Bridgewater who bring beauty to the yards of their clients to road construction companies who keep potholes off the streets of Halifax, and every other company using contractors’ equipment in between, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to set up shop in Nova Scotia.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
We understand that insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
Contractors’ Equipment Insurance Explained
For some companies, the use of heavy equipment is a total necessity to get the job done. Heavy equipment is an expensive asset to your business, so it’s important to have the right coverage to ensure it’s protected. As specialists in contractor’s equipment Insurance, Westland Insurance understands the terrain your equipment is used in and the potential risks you encounter. Our policy stands up to the demands of the field to ensure you are protected.
No matter the industry, our commercial insurance advisors can help you find the right coverage to ensure your business is covered if there’s a loss to your heavy equipment inventory.
Contractors’ equipment policies will provide coverage for two main areas: coverage for equipment against physical loss or damage to the equipment itself as well as insurance protection for potential liability insurance claims that could arise from the use and operation of such equipment. For example, your Contractors’ equipment inventory will be covered in the event of an insured loss such as fire or theft.
What additional extensions of coverage can a contractors’ equipment insurance policy provide?
- Newly Acquired Property coverage can extend coverage to automatically insure any additional newly acquired items that you rent, borrow, lease or purchase.
- Rental Reimbursement can extend coverage to insure the additional expenses incurred for the rental of replacement equipment, when your equipment has suffered loss or damage from a peril insured.
- Rental Equipment Coverage can extend coverage to insure loss or damage to equipment rented from others.
Some of the heavy equipment industries we serve include:
- Pipeline Construction
- Road Construction
- Snow Removal
- General Construction
Wherever your equipment goes, your equipment insurance is along for the ride as well. That means, wherever jobs take you, you won’t have to worry about the big things, like hitting power lines, or the little things, like broken windows.
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
How Much Does Contractors’ Equipment Insurance Cost in Nova Scotia?
Just as businesses differ across the province, so do the risks and exposures which impact the cost. The following factors will impact the cost of your contractors’ equipment insurance coverage:
- Equipment Value
- Type of Equipment
- Location of Equipment
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
Theft is one of the most common claims we see when it comes to contractors’ equipment, whether that’s theft from the job site or from the vehicle containing equipment. The right contractors’ equipment insurance policy will help mitigate these risks and get you back to your normal as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to find the best coverage for your business so you can focus on what’s important. To learn more about being a Westland client, click here.
10 Nova Scotia Business Facts
- With all the surrounding beauty, the tourism industry is a large sector in Nova Scotia. In fact, more than 1.2 million visitors were welcomed in 2019.
- When you think of the East Coast, what comes to mind? Lobster fishing of course! The commercial fishing industry is a cornerstone of the province with exports of lobster totalling $570 million in 2014.
- With 75% of Nova Scotia covered with Acadian forest, the forestry industry is an economic anchor in the province. It attributed to over $2.1 billion in economic impact as well as 11,500 jobs.
- Downtown Halifax is the heart of Atlantic Canada’s big city. It features more than 400 retailers, restaurants, pubs and services.
- A popular attraction for visitors and residents alike is the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. Located in downtown Halifax, it’s the oldest maritime museum in Canada and features over 30,000 artifacts, including exhibits showcasing a selection of artifacts from Titanic as well as the Halifax Explosion.
- Nova Scotia’s agriculture sector is heavily focused on dairy and poultry. Dairy production exceeds 206 million litres of milk as well as over 17 million dozen eggs annually.
- Halifax nurtures a large IT, gaming and digital media sector. Video game production has a home in Nova Scotia for companies such as Ubisoft Halifax, RedMeat Games and Silverback Games!
- With its location along the east coast, ocean technology is prominent in Nova Scotia. Technology includes acoustics, instrumentation and sensors in addition to ocean observation and defence and security.
- Nova Scotia is also known as the global gateway to the world, leading to a sophisticated transportation and logistics industry. By utilizing sea, rail, air and road Halifax is known as the transload hub when it comes to imports destined for central Canada and the US.
- With all of the fresh seafood, the restaurant industry in Nova Scotia features some of the best dishes. There are over 1,700 businesses employing over 30,000 employees across the province. Although not seafood, the official food of Halifax is the donair.
Need some help?
We'll help you get back to normal as quickly as possible.Claims
When you need us, we’re here. Connect with us.Contact Us
Visit Client Support
Check out our resources page for helpful content or connect with our client support team.Contact Client Support