E&O/Professional Liability Insurance – Nova Scotia
Anyone can make mistakes; bankers, accountants, lawyers, advertising agencies, architects, printers, web hosting companies, even wedding planners. In reality, any business that offers a service for a fee runs the risk of a loss from an E&O situation. The legal process can be very time-consuming and more so costly, no matter who is at-fault. Whether you want to call it errors and omissions or professional liability, every business should invest in the right protection if the unexpected happens.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each business in Nova Scotia is unique in its own way. From architects in downtown Halifax to accountants operating out of Cape Breton, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to set up shop in Nova Scotia.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
Insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
Errors & Omissions Insurance Explained
Errors and omissions insurance provides peace of mind when it comes to recovering financially if a mistake ends up causing your client financial loss. Think of this coverage as above and beyond your business insurance policy as this provides specialized coverage. E&O coverage provides your business the safeguard measures when it comes to litigation due to errors, omissions or negligence by a professional. The proper level of business insurance coverage will give you the peace of mind that, should a mistake happen; you will have the financial ability to get through any litigation. E&O coverage can also cover you against libel, slander and a breach of contract.
No matter the industry, our business insurance advisors can quickly determine the risks your business may face and the potential financial losses that can leave your business in a vulnerable position.
Errors and omissions liability (E&O) insurance is designed to provide protection against third party claims for economic damage. These result from alleged errors or omissions in the performance of professional duties or failure to provide professional services. Those exposures are excluded from a business liability policy.
A single question can answer the easiest way to determine if a business needs an E&O policy. Are you a business that provides a product or service to consumers? If yes, your business can definitely benefit. For example, an accountant would want coverage that would protect against any errors when calculating tax returns for their clients. Additionally, a chiropractor would want an E&O policy in place if something were to happen where a client is hurt due to a treatment they received that was done incorrectly.
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
How Much Does Errors & Omissions Insurance Cost in Nova Scotia?
Just as businesses differ across Nova Scotia, so do the risks and exposures which impact the cost. The following factors will impact the cost of your errors & omissions coverage:
- Level of Experience
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
Errors and omissions claims arise when someone has failed to uphold their professional duties. For example, an engineer may have miscalculated the building design resulting in a building sinking over time. The building owner or residents may pursue litigation for damages. The right errors and omissions insurance policy will help mitigate these risks and get you back to your normal as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to find the best coverage for your business so you can focus on what’s important. To learn more about being a Westland client, click here.
10 Nova Scotia Business Facts
- With all the surrounding beauty, the tourism industry is a large sector in Nova Scotia. In fact, more than 1.2 million visitors were welcomed in 2019.
- When you think of the East Coast, what comes to mind? Lobster fishing of course! The commercial fishing industry is a cornerstone of the province with exports of lobster totalling $570 million in 2014.
- With 75% of Nova Scotia covered with Acadian forest, the forestry industry is an economic anchor in the province. It attributed to over $2.1 billion in economic impact as well as 11,500 jobs.
- Downtown Halifax is the heart of Atlantic Canada’s big city. It features more than 400 retailers, restaurants, pubs and services.
- A popular attraction for visitors and residents alike is the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. Located in downtown Halifax, it’s the oldest maritime museum in Canada and features over 30,000 artifacts, including exhibits showcasing a selection of artifacts from Titanic as well as the Halifax Explosion.
- Nova Scotia’s agriculture sector is heavily focused on dairy and poultry. Dairy production exceeds 206 million litres of milk as well as over 17 million dozen eggs annually.
- Halifax nurtures a large IT, gaming and digital media sector. Video game production has a home in Nova Scotia for companies such as Ubisoft Halifax, RedMeat Games and Silverback Games!
- With its location along the east coast, ocean technology is prominent in Nova Scotia. Technology includes acoustics, instrumentation and sensors in addition to ocean observation and defence and security.
- Nova Scotia is also known as the global gateway to the world, leading to a sophisticated transportation and logistics industry. By utilizing sea, rail, air and road Halifax is known as the transload hub when it comes to imports destined for central Canada and the US.
- With all of the fresh seafood, the restaurant industry in Nova Scotia features some of the best dishes. There are over 1,700 businesses employing over 30,000 employees across the province. Although not seafood, the official food of Halifax is the donair.
Need some help?
We'll help you get back to normal as quickly as possible.Claims
When you need us, we’re here. Connect with us.Contact Us
Visit Client Support
Check out our resources page for helpful content or connect with our client support team.Contact Client Support