Faith-Based Organization Insurance – Nova Scotia
Each faith-based organization is as unique as the community that supports it. We understand the special risks and exposures you face. We know your organization has worked hard to build your community, and we’re here to help ensure it’s protected.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each organization in Nova Scotia is unique in its own way. From churches in the city centres such as Halifax and Sydney to faith-based organizations located throughout the beauty that is Nova Scotia, we’ve got you covered.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your organization. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
We understand that insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
Faith-Based Organizations Insurance Explained
Whether your faith-based organization has a few members or a few hundred, every organization faces similar risks, and in turn, needs the right coverage for their organization. We’ll take the complexity out of your insurance needs, so you can focus on what’s most important.
A faith-based organization faces different insurance needs than that of many other non-profit organizations, from the physical building and assets to those specialized operations that are unique to your organization. We offer a comprehensive faith-based organization insurance package that has everything to keep you covered.
Business liability is legal liability insurance coverage which will cover the costs to defend legal action brought against your organization, regardless of whether or not there is any actual negligence.
Business liability insurance also covers the cost of legal actions brought against the organization where someone claims that it is negligent for property damage, bodily injury or personal injury. The policy covers the organization and its officials, executives, directors, employees, volunteers and members against these types of claims arising from the operations of the organization.
Westland’s faith-based organization insurance package is extended to include:
- Abuse Liability
Abuse liability coverage is designed to respond to third party legal liability claims alleging sexual, physical, psychological or emotional abuse, molestation or harassment.
- Non-Owned Automobile Liability
Non-Owned Automobile Liability is designed to respond to legal actions brought against the faith -based organization arising out of the use of personal vehicles owned and operated by employees and/or volunteers. The actual owners of such vehicles still require their own third-party liability insurance.
- Directors and Officers Liability
D&O Liability is designed to respond to legal actions brought against a faith-based organization where someone alleges that the organization or its officials committed a negligent act, error, omission, breach of duty, or failed to exercise the duty of care required of their position.
- Specialized Religious Counseling Liability
Religious Institution Counselling Liability insurance coverage is designed to defend and to pay legal damages resulting from third party legal liability claims for counselling services by members who provide advice or guidance within the practice of their faith and training.
The unexpected can happen, and property coverage looks after protecting your assets if there’s a loss. To learn more about business property insurance, click here.
A vital element of business insurance is the timeline between an insured loss and greeting members back through your doors. That’s where business interruption coverage comes into play. To learn more about business interruption insurance, click here.
Money and Securities Crime Coverage
Crime coverage is designed to protect against loss of money or securities resulting from various types of risks which can include employee dishonesty, theft, robbery, burglary, destruction or disappearance, forgery, money order and counterfeit paper currency fraud, credit card fraud, and computer fraud.
Crime coverage doesn’t include losses from voluntary parting of money or securities through dishonest means like social engineering or other possible cyber risks.
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
10 Nova Scotia Business Facts
- With all the surrounding beauty, the tourism industry is a large sector in Nova Scotia. In fact, more than 1.2 million visitors were welcomed in 2019.
- When you think of the East Coast, what comes to mind? Lobster fishing of course! The commercial fishing industry is a cornerstone of the province with exports of lobster totalling $570 million in 2014.
- With 75% of Nova Scotia covered with Acadian forest, the forestry industry is an economic anchor in the province. It attributed to over $2.1 billion in economic impact as well as 11,500 jobs.
- Downtown Halifax is the heart of Atlantic Canada’s big city. It features more than 400 retailers, restaurants, pubs and services.
- A popular attraction for visitors and residents alike is the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. Located in downtown Halifax, it’s the oldest maritime museum in Canada and features over 30,000 artifacts, including exhibits showcasing a selection of artifacts from Titanic as well as the Halifax Explosion.
- Nova Scotia’s agriculture sector is heavily focused on dairy and poultry. Dairy production exceeds 206 million litres of milk as well as over 17 million dozen eggs annually.
- Halifax nurtures a large IT, gaming and digital media sector. Video game production has a home in Nova Scotia for companies such as Ubisoft Halifax, RedMeat Games and Silverback Games!
- With its location along the east coast, ocean technology is prominent in Nova Scotia. Technology includes acoustics, instrumentation and sensors in addition to ocean observation and defence and security.
- Nova Scotia is also known as the global gateway to the world, leading to a sophisticated transportation and logistics industry. By utilizing sea, rail, air and road Halifax is known as the transload hub when it comes to imports destined for central Canada and the US.
- With all of the fresh seafood, the restaurant industry in Nova Scotia features some of the best dishes. There are over 1,700 businesses employing over 30,000 employees across the province. Although not seafood, the official food of Halifax is the donair.
Need some help?
We'll help you get back to normal as quickly as possible.Claims
When you need us, we’re here. Connect with us.Contact Us
Visit Client Support
Check out our resources page for helpful content or connect with our client support team.Contact Client Support