Home Builders Insurance – Alberta
As a home builder, you bring the dreams of your clients to life. From initial plans to handing over the keys, there is a lot that goes into building your client’s dream home. We also know that there’s a lot that goes into the building process of a home. From unique risks and challenges you may face on the job site to working with specialized machinery every day. We don’t have many home building skills, but we are experts in home builders insurance. Let us help find the right coverage for your business, and we’ll leave the home building work to the experts!
As your local insurance experts, we know that each business in the home builder’s industry in Alberta is unique in its own way. From those job sites in new developments in Edmonton to properties throughout Medicine Hat and all other home building businesses in between, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to call Alberta home for their business.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
We understand that insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
Home Builders Insurance Explained
Being a home building contractor, you know the various risks involved in your business and so do we. From new multi-home new community developments to more custom and complex builds. That’s why at Westland, we’ve custom tailored a policy package that covers you for anything from a third-party injury on site to building damage during construction.
Our comprehensive package for Home Builders includes the following features and benefits:
- Property Coverage insurance (Office Building Furnishings, Fixtures and Equipment)
- Contractors’ Equipment and Miscellaneous Tool insurance coverage
- Broad Form Builder’s Risk Insurance coverage during construction
- Show Homes and Show Home Contents Coverage
- Unsold Inventory Insurance Coverage
- Commercial General Liability insurance coverage to insure against third-party liability claims
- Builder’s Risks Insurance Blanket Reporting option for pre-approved limits
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
Situations of liability are one of the most common claims we see when it comes to home builders. For example, a building crew knocks the chimney over, resulting in major damage to the neighbouring property. The right home builder’s insurance policy will help mitigate these risks and get you back to your normal as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to find the best coverage for your business so you can focus on what’s important. To learn more about being a Westland client, click here.
10 Business Facts About Alberta
- It should come as no surprise that Alberta is known for its Oil and Gas. It’s the largest oil producing province in Canada. It provided 79.2% of all Canadian oil production in 2015.
- Canada’s favourite beverage, the Caeser, was invented in Calgary in 1969. Since then, it’s become a staple on many restaurant menus across Canada.
- Edmonton is home to the largest shopping centre in North America. West Edmonton Mall offers more than 800 stores, two hotels and over 100 restaurants.
- Each summer, Calgary hosts the largest rodeo in the world. They welcome over 1,200 businesses to the Stampede as well as more than four million guests.
- Think Boston Pizza was founded in Boston? Not the case. Gus Agioritis founded Boston Pizza and opened the first BP’s in Edmonton.
- Ranching is a large industry in Alberta, with cash receipts totalling $4.58 billion in 2016.
- Alberta is a thriving province when it comes to tourism and supports over 130,000 jobs. From natural beauty to festivals there is something for everyone and every business.
- Cattle farming is one of Alberta’s main agricultural sectors. Did you know that over 40% of all cattle in Canada are located throughout Alberta farms.
- Your paper products might just come directly from the forests of Alberta. In fact, over 47,000 jobs are in the lumber industry which contributes to over $11 billion dollars to the economy.
- Although a main driving factor in Alberta is the petroleum industry, emerging industries are making a name for themselves in Alberta. Technology and data, aviation and logistics, energy and cleantech are among the most important key sectors.