Home Builders Insurance – Nova Scotia
As a home builder, you bring the dreams of your clients to life. From initial plans to handing over the keys, there is a lot that goes into building your client’s dream home. We also know that there’s a lot that goes into the building process of a home. From unique risks and challenges you may face on the job site to working with specialized machinery every day. We don’t have many home building skills, but we are experts in home builders insurance. Let us help find the right coverage for your business, and we’ll leave the home building work to the experts!
As your local insurance experts, we know that each business in the home builder’s industry in Nova Scotia is unique in its own way. From those job sites in new developments in Windsor to properties throughout the coast line and all other home building businesses in between, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to call Nova Scotia home for their business.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
We understand that insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
Home Builders Insurance Explained
Being a home building contractor, you know the various risks involved in your business and so do we. From new multi-home new community developments to more custom and complex builds. That’s why at Westland, we’ve custom tailored a policy package that covers you for anything from a third-party injury on site to building damage during construction.
Our comprehensive package for Home Builders includes the following features and benefits:
- Property Coverage insurance (Office Building Furnishings, Fixtures and Equipment)
- Contractors’ Equipment and Miscellaneous Tool insurance coverage
- Broad Form Builder’s Risk Insurance coverage during construction
- Show Homes and Show Home Contents Coverage
- Unsold Inventory Insurance Coverage
- Commercial General Liability insurance coverage to insure against third-party liability claims
- Builder’s Risks Insurance Blanket Reporting option for pre-approved limits
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
Situations of liability are one of the most common claims we see when it comes to home builders. For example, a building crew knocks the chimney over, resulting in major damage to the neighbouring property. The right home builder’s insurance policy will help mitigate these risks and get you back to your normal as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to find the best coverage for your business so you can focus on what’s important. To learn more about being a Westland client, click here.
10 Nova Scotia Business Facts
- With all the surrounding beauty, the tourism industry is a large sector in Nova Scotia. In fact, more than 1.2 million visitors were welcomed in 2019.
- When you think of the East Coast, what comes to mind? Lobster fishing of course! The commercial fishing industry is a cornerstone of the province with exports of lobster totalling $570 million in 2014.
- With 75% of Nova Scotia covered with Acadian forest, the forestry industry is an economic anchor in the province. It attributed to over $2.1 billion in economic impact as well as 11,500 jobs.
- Downtown Halifax is the heart of Atlantic Canada’s big city. It features more than 400 retailers, restaurants, pubs and services.
- A popular attraction for visitors and residents alike is the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. Located in downtown Halifax, it’s the oldest maritime museum in Canada and features over 30,000 artifacts, including exhibits showcasing a selection of artifacts from Titanic as well as the Halifax Explosion.
- Nova Scotia’s agriculture sector is heavily focused on dairy and poultry. Dairy production exceeds 206 million litres of milk as well as over 17 million dozen eggs annually.
- Halifax nurtures a large IT, gaming and digital media sector. Video game production has a home in Nova Scotia for companies such as Ubisoft Halifax, RedMeat Games and Silverback Games!
- With its location along the east coast, ocean technology is prominent in Nova Scotia. Technology includes acoustics, instrumentation and sensors in addition to ocean observation and defence and security.
- Nova Scotia is also known as the global gateway to the world, leading to a sophisticated transportation and logistics industry. By utilizing sea, rail, air and road Halifax is known as the transload hub when it comes to imports destined for central Canada and the US.
- With all of the fresh seafood, the restaurant industry in Nova Scotia features some of the best dishes. There are over 1,700 businesses employing over 30,000 employees across the province. Although not seafood, the official food of Halifax is the donair.