Home Builders Insurance – Ontario
As a home builder, you bring the dreams of your clients to life. From initial plans to handing over the keys, there is a lot that goes into building your client’s dream home. We also know that there’s a lot that goes into the building process of a home. From unique risks and challenges you may face on the job site to working with specialized machinery every day. We don’t have many home building skills, but we are experts in home builders insurance. Let us help find the right coverage for your business, and we’ll leave the home building work to the experts!
As your local insurance experts, we know that each business in the home builders industry in Ontario is unique in its own way. From job sites in new developments in Thunder Bay to properties throughout beautiful Lake of the Woods and the many home building businesses in between, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to call Ontario home for their business.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
We understand that insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
Home Builders Insurance Explained
Being a home building contractor, you know the various risks involved in your business and so do we. From new multi-home new community developments to more custom and complex builds. That’s why at Westland, we’ve custom tailored a policy package that covers you for anything from a third-party injury on site to building damage during construction.
Our comprehensive package for Home Builders includes the following features and benefits:
- Property Coverage insurance (Office Building Furnishings, Fixtures and Equipment)
- Contractors’ Equipment and Miscellaneous Tool insurance coverage
- Broad Form Builder’s Risk Insurance coverage during construction
- Show Homes and Show Home Contents Coverage
- Unsold Inventory Insurance Coverage
- Commercial General Liability insurance coverage to insure against third-party liability claims
- Builder’s Risks Insurance Blanket Reporting option for pre-approved limits
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
Situations of liability are one of the most common claims we see when it comes to home builders. For example, a building crew knocks the chimney over, resulting in major damage to the neighbouring property. The right home builder’s insurance policy will help mitigate these risks and get you back to your normal as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to find the best coverage for your business so you can focus on what’s important. To learn more about being a Westland client, click here.
10 Ontario Business Facts
- Niagara Falls is one of the largest draws to Ontario. In fact, it welcomed 12.9 million visitors in 2017 and tourism expenditures reached a whopping $2.4 billion!
- It comes as no surprise that Toronto is a big player in the film and television production sector. Often being called the Hollywood of Canada, over 25% of Hollywood movies are filmed in Toronto.
- Fishing is a beloved past time in Ontario, but it’s also an economic driver. With over 1.12 million anglers on Ontario water a year, they spend $1.6 billion a year in the province, whether at remote fishing lodges or supporting small angling businesses.
- Ontario is one of the most multicultural places in the world. It’s home to many festivals including Caribbean Carnival, Jazz Festival and Oktoberfest. In fact, there are over three thousand festivals each year.
- Ontario has a thriving agricultural sector. The province contributes to almost a quarter of all farm revenue in Canada. The top crop productions are soybeans, corn and winter wheat.
- Forestry is another large industry in Ontario, supporting over 53,000 jobs. In fact, the forests of Ontario cover a land area close to the size of Italy, Germany and the Netherlands…combined.
- Ontario is the national leader when it comes to manufacturing. Automotive, textiles, electrical goods and farm implements contribute to an industry that employs about half of Canada’s manufacturing jobs.
- The Royal Ontario Museum is the largest in Canada, and the fifth largest in all of North America. It sees a total of one million visitors a year who stop by to see many collections in over 40 galleries.
- Another driving force for the province is the food processing industry. Ontario has over 3,000 companies that make both food and beverage products. Companies include Kraft, Nestle, Kellogg’s, Coca Cola and PepsiCo.
- With over 25,000 restaurants in Ontario, it’s not surprising that some famous dishes have originated in Ontario. The Hawaiian pizza didn’t originate from the islands of Hawaii, rather at the Satellite Restaurant in Chatham!