School Insurance – Alberta
As someone who operates a college facility or independent school, you know it houses more than just classrooms and books. There are many intangible values that form the heart of any school making it unique, from the irreplaceable impacts of teachers on their students, to the lessons and values learned through the students’ experience during their time at your school. We know the unique risks that a college or independent school may face and how we can equip your business to ensure you’re properly covered.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each business in the education industry in Alberta is unique in its own way. From those who teach the young minds in Lethbridge to post-secondary education institutions in Medicine Hat and all other schools in between, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to work, live and go to school in Alberta.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
Insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
School Insurance Explained
From independent schools who look after primary education, to post-secondary institutions specializing in specific industry education. We know that each school is unique and faces its own risks. That’s why at Westland, we’ve designed a package for you that goes beyond safeguarding your school’s assets. In fact, we’ve been building our reputation as school insurance specialists over the past 30 plus years by providing customized insurance solutions to hundreds of career colleges and independent schools.
Westland’s specialized insurance program has been designed to specifically meet the needs of privately operated schools based on our experience serving such organizations. Our program provides a broad range of specialized coverages for educational institutions of all kinds.
Schools don’t have an open sign or semiannual sales. They operate as a business to provide education and resources, which is different than many other types of business. Because of this, there are unique risks to the school industry.
Our comprehensive package for Schools includes the following features and benefits:
- Educational Institution’s Errors and Omissions Liability
- Professional Liability
- Commercial Property
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Abuse Liability including harassment
- Liability coverage for off-campus special events and training programs
- Blanket Exterior Glass coverage
- Non-owned Automobile Liability
- Comprehensive Business Interruption coverage which includes extended perils and a longer indemnity period
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
10 Business Facts About Alberta
- It should come as no surprise that Alberta is known for its Oil and Gas. It’s the largest oil producing province in Canada. It provided 79.2% of all Canadian oil production in 2015.
- Canada’s favourite beverage, the Caeser, was invented in Calgary in 1969. Since then, it’s become a staple on many restaurant menus across Canada.
- Edmonton is home to the largest shopping centre in North America. West Edmonton Mall offers more than 800 stores, two hotels and over 100 restaurants.
- Each summer, Calgary hosts the largest rodeo in the world. They welcome over 1,200 businesses to the Stampede as well as more than four million guests.
- Think Boston Pizza was founded in Boston? Not the case. Gus Agioritis founded Boston Pizza and opened the first BP’s in Edmonton.
- Ranching is a large industry in Alberta, with cash receipts totalling $4.58 billion in 2016.
- Alberta is a thriving province when it comes to tourism and supports over 130,000 jobs. From natural beauty to festivals there is something for everyone and every business.
- Cattle farming is one of Alberta’s main agricultural sectors. Did you know that over 40% of all cattle in Canada are located throughout Alberta farms.
- Your paper products might just come directly from the forests of Alberta. In fact, over 47,000 jobs are in the lumber industry which contributes to over $11 billion dollars to the economy.
- Although a main driving factor in Alberta is the petroleum industry, emerging industries are making a name for themselves in Alberta. Technology and data, aviation and logistics, energy and cleantech are among the most important key sectors.