School Insurance – Nova Scotia
As someone who operates a college facility or independent school, you know it houses more than just classrooms and books. There are many intangible values that form the heart of any school making it unique, from the irreplaceable impacts of teachers on their students, to the lessons and values learned through the students’ experience during their time at your school. We know the unique risks that a college or independent school may face and how we can equip your business to ensure you’re properly covered.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each business in the education industry in Nova Scotia is unique in its own way. From those who teach the young minds in the neighbourhoods of Truro to post-secondary education institutions in Halifax and all other associations in between, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to work, live and go to school in Nova Scotia.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
Insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
School Insurance Explained
From independent schools who look after primary education, to post-secondary institutions specializing in specific industry education. We know that each school is unique and faces its own risks. That’s why at Westland, we’ve designed a package for you that goes beyond safeguarding your school’s assets. In fact, we’ve been building our reputation as school insurance specialists over the past 30 plus years by providing customized insurance solutions to hundreds of career colleges and independent schools.
Westland’s specialized insurance program has been designed to specifically meet the needs of privately operated schools based on our experience serving such organizations. Our program provides a broad range of specialized coverages for educational institutions of all kinds.
Schools don’t have an open sign or semiannual sales. They operate as a business to provide education and resources, which is different than many other types of business. Because of this, there are unique risks to the school industry.
Our comprehensive package for Schools includes the following features and benefits:
- Educational Institution’s Errors and Omissions Liability
- Professional Liability
- Commercial Property
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Abuse Liability including harassment
- Liability coverage for off-campus special events and training programs
- Blanket Exterior Glass coverage
- Non-owned Automobile Liability
- Comprehensive Business Interruption coverage which includes extended perils and a longer indemnity period
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
10 Nova Scotia Business Facts
- With all the surrounding beauty, the tourism industry is a large sector in Nova Scotia. In fact, more than 1.2 million visitors were welcomed in 2019.
- When you think of the East Coast, what comes to mind? Lobster fishing of course! The commercial fishing industry is a cornerstone of the province with exports of lobster totalling $570 million in 2014.
- With 75% of Nova Scotia covered with Acadian forest, the forestry industry is an economic anchor in the province. It attributed to over $2.1 billion in economic impact as well as 11,500 jobs.
- Downtown Halifax is the heart of Atlantic Canada’s big city. It features more than 400 retailers, restaurants, pubs and services.
- A popular attraction for visitors and residents alike is the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. Located in downtown Halifax, it’s the oldest maritime museum in Canada and features over 30,000 artifacts, including exhibits showcasing a selection of artifacts from Titanic as well as the Halifax Explosion.
- Nova Scotia’s agriculture sector is heavily focused on dairy and poultry. Dairy production exceeds 206 million litres of milk as well as over 17 million dozen eggs annually.
- Halifax nurtures a large IT, gaming and digital media sector. Video game production has a home in Nova Scotia for companies such as Ubisoft Halifax, RedMeat Games and Silverback Games!
- With its location along the east coast, ocean technology is prominent in Nova Scotia. Technology includes acoustics, instrumentation and sensors in addition to ocean observation and defence and security.
- Nova Scotia is also known as the global gateway to the world, leading to a sophisticated transportation and logistics industry. By utilizing sea, rail, air and road Halifax is known as the transload hub when it comes to imports destined for central Canada and the US.
- With all of the fresh seafood, the restaurant industry in Nova Scotia features some of the best dishes. There are over 1,700 businesses employing over 30,000 employees across the province. Although not seafood, the official food of Halifax is the donair.