School Insurance – Ontario
As someone who operates a college facility or independent school, you know it houses more than just classrooms and books. There are many intangible values that form the heart of any school making it unique, from the irreplaceable impacts of teachers on their students, to the lessons and values learned through the students’ experience during their time at your school. We know the unique risks that a college or independent school may face and how we can equip your business to ensure you’re properly covered.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each business in the education industry in Ontario is unique in its own way. From those who teach the young minds in the City of Thunder Bay, to post-secondary education institutions in Barrie to the educational institutions in between, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to work, live and go to school in Ontario.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
Insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
School Insurance Explained
From independent schools who look after primary education, to post-secondary institutions specializing in specific industry education. We know that each school is unique and faces its own risks. That’s why at Westland, we’ve designed a package for you that goes beyond safeguarding your school’s assets. In fact, we’ve been building our reputation as school insurance specialists over the past 30 plus years by providing customized insurance solutions to hundreds of career colleges and independent schools.
Westland’s specialized insurance program has been designed to specifically meet the needs of privately operated schools based on our experience serving such organizations. Our program provides a broad range of specialized coverages for educational institutions of all kinds.
Schools don’t have an open sign or semiannual sales. They operate as a business to provide education and resources, which is different than many other types of business. Because of this, there are unique risks to the school industry.
Our comprehensive package for Schools includes the following features and benefits:
- Educational Institution’s Errors and Omissions Liability
- Professional Liability
- Commercial Property
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Abuse Liability including harassment
- Liability coverage for off-campus special events and training programs
- Blanket Exterior Glass coverage
- Non-owned Automobile Liability
- Comprehensive Business Interruption coverage which includes extended perils and a longer indemnity period
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
10 Ontario Business Facts
- Niagara Falls is one of the largest draws to Ontario. In fact, it welcomed 12.9 million visitors in 2017 and tourism expenditures reached a whopping $2.4 billion!
- It comes as no surprise that Toronto is a big player in the film and television production sector. Often being called the Hollywood of Canada, over 25% of Hollywood movies are filmed in Toronto.
- Fishing is a beloved past time in Ontario, but it’s also an economic driver. With over 1.12 million anglers on Ontario water a year, they spend $1.6 billion a year in the province, whether at remote fishing lodges or supporting small angling businesses.
- Ontario is one of the most multicultural places in the world. It’s home to many festivals including Caribbean Carnival, Jazz Festival and Oktoberfest. In fact, there are over three thousand festivals each year.
- Ontario has a thriving agricultural sector. The province contributes to almost a quarter of all farm revenue in Canada. The top crop productions are soybeans, corn and winter wheat.
- Forestry is another large industry in Ontario, supporting over 53,000 jobs. In fact, the forests of Ontario cover a land area close to the size of Italy, Germany and the Netherlands…combined.
- Ontario is the national leader when it comes to manufacturing. Automotive, textiles, electrical goods and farm implements contribute to an industry that employs about half of Canada’s manufacturing jobs.
- The Royal Ontario Museum is the largest in Canada, and the fifth largest in all of North America. It sees a total of one million visitors a year who stop by to see many collections in over 40 galleries.
- Another driving force for the province is the food processing industry. Ontario has over 3,000 companies that make both food and beverage products. Companies include Kraft, Nestle, Kellogg’s, Coca Cola and PepsiCo.
- With over 25,000 restaurants in Ontario, it’s not surprising that some famous dishes have originated in Ontario. The Hawaiian pizza didn’t originate from the islands of Hawaii, rather at the Satellite Restaurant in Chatham!