School Insurance – Saskatchewan
As someone who operates a college facility or independent school, you know it houses more than just classrooms and books. There are many intangible values that form the heart of any school making it unique, from the irreplaceable impacts of teachers on their students, to the lessons and values learned through the students’ experience during their time at your school. We know the unique risks that a college or independent school may face and how we can equip your business to ensure you’re properly covered.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each business in the education industry in Saskatchewan is unique in its own way. From those who teach the young minds in the neighbourhoods of Saskatoon to post-secondary education institutions in Regina and all other associations in between, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to work, live and go to school in Saskatchewan.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
Insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
School Insurance Explained
From independent schools who look after primary education, to post-secondary institutions specializing in specific industry education. We know that each school is unique and faces its own risks. That’s why at Westland, we’ve designed a package for you that goes beyond safeguarding your school’s assets. In fact, we’ve been building our reputation as school insurance specialists over the past 30 plus years by providing customized insurance solutions to hundreds of career colleges and independent schools.
Westland’s specialized insurance program has been designed to specifically meet the needs of privately operated schools based on our experience serving such organizations. Our program provides a broad range of specialized coverages for educational institutions of all kinds.
Schools don’t have an open sign or semiannual sales. They operate as a business to provide education and resources, which is different than many other types of business. Because of this, there are unique risks to the school industry.
Our comprehensive package for Schools includes the following features and benefits:
- Educational Institution’s Errors and Omissions Liability
- Professional Liability
- Commercial Property
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Abuse Liability including harassment
- Liability coverage for off-campus special events and training programs
- Blanket Exterior Glass coverage
- Non-owned Automobile Liability
- Comprehensive Business Interruption coverage which includes extended perils and a longer indemnity period
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
10 Saskatchewan Business Facts
- Saskatchewan has a diverse agriculture and agri-food sector. In fact, it’s world renowned for supplying quality agricultural ingredients and foods.
- The next time you reach for flour in a recipe, it most likely came from a Saskatchewan field. Farmers across the province count for over 54% of all the wheat crop in Canada.
- The world’s oldest running gold mine was discovered by a Saskatchewan farmer in 1906. Since coming across it while digging a hole with a plough, it’s still operating and is one of the largest gold mines globally.
- When you think of the Saskatchewan agricultural scene, breadbasket crops come to mind. However, 96% of lentils, 90% of chickpeas and 70% of dry pea crops grown in Canada came from SK fields.
- Fan of mustard on your hotdog or hamburger? Odds are that your favourite condiment came from Saskatchewan, producing approximately over 80% of Canada’s mustard crop.
- When you think of Saskatchewan, flat lands and prairie landscapes might come to mind. In fact, over 50% of the province is covered in dense forests. The commercial forestry zone has 11.7 million hectares, 5.3 million of which are classified as productive forest land.
- The Regina Symphony Orchestra is the longest continuously running orchestra in Canada since being founded back in 1904.
- Regina is home to Scotty the T-Rex, the largest known Tyrannosaurs rex in the world. Weighing in at just under 20,000 pounds you can visit Scotty at the Royal Saskatchewan Museum.
- Saskatoon has seen continued growth throughout the years, reporting 11,743 total licensed businesses. Saskatoon welcomed 1,365 new businesses in 2019.
- The province is an energy giant. It features the most diverse primary energy resource base throughout Canada.