Transportation & Logistics Insurance – British Columbia
Whether you are an owner-operator of a single unit or a large fleet of trucks, we’re here to take the guesswork out of carriers’ insurance. As a truck owner or operator, you know the importance of planning for the best route as the unexpected can happen. Whether you haul locally or across borders, we’ll ensure you have the right coverage in place. All you’ll need to focus on is the road ahead!
As your local insurance experts for over 40 years, we know that each business in BC is unique in its own way. From trucking organizations with drivers located along the West Coast with direct entry into the United States to multi-unit operations out of Cranbrook who drive cross country weekly, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to set up shop in BC. And with 100 locations across the province, there’s sure to be a Westland location near you.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
Insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
Transportation & Logistics Insurance Explained
Insuring heavy vehicles can seem complicated, from completing filings and regulatory requirements to making sure you have the proper coverage. Heavy vehicles in every industry have different insurance needs and our expert advisors understand that. The logistics side of the business is just as complex as the drive. Planning routes, resources and timelines are an essential side of the business. We’ll take the time to understand your risks while also knowing the complexities of your business.
- Liability Coverage
This is an essential form of coverage included in a transportation policy. It protects you and your business in the event you are found to be responsible for an accident.
- Physical Damage Coverage (Collision & Comprehensive)
These forms of coverage are an integral part of a Transportation policy. It protects you and your business in the event your vehicle is damaged in an accident, stolen or damaged in a fire.
- Specialized Coverage
There are also coverages specific to the trucking industry, including:
- reefer breakdown
- loading & unloading
- debris removal and
- aggregate deductibles to name a few
- Cargo Coverage for Transportation Businesses
A big part of the transportation and logistics equation is the cargo itself. Accidents can happen and losses to your load may occur while in transit. That’s where a cargo policy comes into play. It ensures that if the cargo is damaged while it is being transported or being loaded or unloaded, coverage will kick in. This ensures that your business will not be financially responsible for the replacement of the cargo.
We’re able to offer services that take the guess work out of insuring your semi-truck operations, including:
- Competitive Quotes & Premiums
- Specialized Coverages
- Risk Management
- Excellent Claims Service
- Monthly Payment Plans
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
10 BC Business Facts
- British Columbia has a solid small business sector, with 98% of all businesses in the province and over one million people employed.
- British Columbia is one of the top 3 producing regions of cranberries and blueberries in the world.
- BC ranks first in the country for small businesses (per capita), with 84.2 businesses per 1,000 people.
- Over 38% of self-employed BC residents are women, making BC the second-highest rate of women-led businesses in the country.
- The primary industry in BC is the service industry, accounting for more than 75% of the province’s GDP.
- In Vancouver alone, there are approximately 79,989 businesses.
- BC’s forest industry contributes about $12.9 billion to the provincial GDP every year.
- The film industry in BC employs over 70,000 people.
- Fan of seafood? BC is the place for you, exporting salmon, crab, shrimp, you name it!
- British Columbia is one of the most popular wine regions on the continent.