Transportation & Logistics Insurance – Ontario
Whether you are an owner-operator of a single unit or a large fleet of trucks, we’re here to take the guesswork out of carriers’ insurance. As a truck owner or operator, you know the importance of planning for the best route as the unexpected can happen. Whether you haul locally or across borders, we’ll ensure you have the right coverage in place. All you’ll need to focus on is the road ahead!
As your local insurance experts, we know that each business in Ontario is unique in its own way. From trucking organizations with drivers located in Northwestern Ontario to multi-unit companies travelling in and around Toronto as well as cross border trucking operations, we have you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to set up shop in Ontario.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Dealing with complex risk? Learn about Corporate Advisory & Specialty
Corporate Advisory & Specialty serves our complex risk commercial clients. Our CA&S business consultants will help you identify and quantify risk, determine your risk appetite, and structure cost-effective risk transfer and mitigation programs.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
Insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
Transportation & Logistics Insurance Explained
Insuring heavy vehicles can seem complicated, from completing filings and regulatory requirements to making sure you have the proper coverage. Heavy vehicles in every industry have different insurance needs and our expert advisors understand that. The logistics side of the business is just as complex as the drive. Planning routes, resources and timelines are an essential side of the business. We’ll take the time to understand your risks while also knowing the complexities of your business.
- Liability Coverage
This is an essential form of coverage included in a transportation policy. It protects you and your business in the event you are found to be responsible for an accident.
- Physical Damage Coverage (Collision & Comprehensive)
These forms of coverage are an integral part of a Transportation policy. It protects you and your business in the event your vehicle is damaged in an accident, stolen or damaged in a fire.
- Specialized Coverage
There are also coverages specific to the trucking industry, including:
- reefer breakdown
- loading & unloading
- debris removal and
- aggregate deductibles to name a few
- Cargo Coverage for Transportation Businesses
A big part of the transportation and logistics equation is the cargo itself. Accidents can happen and losses to your load may occur while in transit. That’s where a cargo policy comes into play. It ensures that if the cargo is damaged while it is being transported or being loaded or unloaded, coverage will kick in. This ensures that your business will not be financially responsible for the replacement of the cargo.
We’re able to offer services that take the guess work out of insuring your semi-truck operations, including:
- Competitive Quotes & Premiums
- Specialized Coverages
- Risk Management
- Excellent Claims Service
- Monthly Payment Plans
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
10 Ontario Business Facts
- Niagara Falls is one of the largest draws to Ontario. In fact, it welcomed 12.9 million visitors in 2017 and tourism expenditures reached a whopping $2.4 billion!
- It comes as no surprise that Toronto is a big player in the film and television production sector. Often being called the Hollywood of Canada, over 25% of Hollywood movies are filmed in Toronto.
- Fishing is a beloved past time in Ontario, but it’s also an economic driver. With over 1.12 million anglers on Ontario water a year, they spend $1.6 billion a year in the province, whether at remote fishing lodges or supporting small angling businesses.
- Ontario is one of the most multicultural places in the world. It’s home to many festivals including Caribbean Carnival, Jazz Festival and Oktoberfest. In fact, there are over three thousand festivals each year.
- Ontario has a thriving agricultural sector. The province contributes to almost a quarter of all farm revenue in Canada. The top crop productions are soybeans, corn and winter wheat.
- Forestry is another large industry in Ontario, supporting over 53,000 jobs. In fact, the forests of Ontario cover a land area close to the size of Italy, Germany and the Netherlands…combined.
- Ontario is the national leader when it comes to manufacturing. Automotive, textiles, electrical goods and farm implements contribute to an industry that employs about half of Canada’s manufacturing jobs.
- The Royal Ontario Museum is the largest in Canada, and the fifth largest in all of North America. It sees a total of one million visitors a year who stop by to see many collections in over 40 galleries.
- Another driving force for the province is the food processing industry. Ontario has over 3,000 companies that make both food and beverage products. Companies include Kraft, Nestle, Kellogg’s, Coca Cola and PepsiCo.
- With over 25,000 restaurants in Ontario, it’s not surprising that some famous dishes have originated in Ontario. The Hawaiian pizza didn’t originate from the islands of Hawaii, rather at the Satellite Restaurant in Chatham!
Need some help?
We'll help you get back to normal as quickly as possible.Claims
When you need us, we’re here. Connect with us.Contact Us
Visit Client Support
Check out our resources page for helpful content or connect with our client support team.Contact Client Support