Over the course of 40 years, Westland Insurance has established itself as the largest independent, Canadian-owned brokerage in the country. While we have become national in scope, we have never forgotten our roots. The neighbourhoods and communities across the country where we work and live are important to us. In 2021 we kicked off the Westland Amplifying Communities initiative, dedicating $1 million to support projects or programs that positively contribute to the fabric of communities across Canada.
The Westland Amplifying Communities initiative is primarily intended to support location and national projects and programs focused on:
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Food Insecurity
- Local Community Volunteer Programs with Westland team members
We’re committed to helping communities stay vibrant and healthy through these challenging times with the help of local and national partners. Interested parties can apply for our assistance through our submission process.
We are actively inviting submissions to help support our neighborhoods and communities in a thoughtful and tangible manner.
Criteria for applications:
- Canadian registered charities that use funds within Canada
- Projects or programs that have a record of achievement for success in line with our overall goal
- Projects and programs that address a community need and provide direct impact
- Projects and programs that include planned outcomes, supported by an evaluation process
- Projects and programs that have an ability to provide direct impact programming
The company avoids contributing towards projects that discriminate based on race, gender, or beliefs. Westland does not fund:
- Initiatives outside of Canada
- Religious organizations
- Political organizations
- Think tanks
- Individual fundraising