Over the course of 40 years, Westland Insurance has established itself as the largest independent, Canadian-owned brokerage in the country. While we have become national in scope, we have never forgotten our roots. The neighbourhoods and communities across the country where we work and live are important to us. In 2021 we kicked off the Westland Amplifying Communities initiative, dedicating $1 million to support projects or programs that positively contribute to the fabric of communities across Canada.
You can view our locations here.
The $1 Million Westland Amplifying Communities initiative is primarily intended to support projects or programs focused on wellness and mental health, equality and inclusion, homelessness and food insecurity – while also promoting opportunities for employee engagement and volunteerism in conjunction with local partnerships.
We’re committed to helping communities stay vibrant and healthy through these challenging times with the help of local and national partners. Interested parties can apply for our assistance through our submission process.
We are actively inviting submissions to help support our neighborhoods and communities in a thoughtful and tangible manner.
Criteria for applications:
- Canadian registered charities that use funds within Canada
- Projects or programs that have a record of achievement for success in line with our overall goal
- Projects and programs that address a community need and provide direct impact
- Projects and programs that include planned outcomes, supported by an evaluation process
- Projects and programs that have an ability to provide direct impact programming
The company avoids contributing towards projects that discriminate based on race, gender, or beliefs. Westland does not fund:
- Initiatives outside of Canada
- Religious organizations
- Political organizations
- Think tanks
- Individual fundraising