House Insurance – Ontario
Move-in day, late nights with friends, holiday memories, and Saturday morning cartoons with the kids. Life happens in your home, and we’re here to protect it. Your home may be the most significant investment you’ll ever make.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each home in Alberta is unique in its own way. From the hundreds of neighbourhoods in Calgary and Edmonton or further north to quieter Grand Prairie. Whether you’re looking for awe inspiring views of the Rocky Mountains or the open prairie sky, Alberta has it all!
We understand its vital to protect what’s most important to you and your family. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on what’s important in your life.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your insurance needs to match your goals, your lifestyle and your budget. Our expert home insurance advisors get to know you, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs.
We’ll find the best coverage for you at the right price so that you can continue to live your life the way you want to.
Insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
Home Insurance Explained
There are so many aspects of coverage to a home insurance policy. From the physical home structure to coverages that protect you even when you aren’t at home. Your home insurance will cover the damage to your home from any risks outlined in your policy to ensure that you’re able to get back to normal as quickly as possible. A few of the risks discussed in a policy include fire, water damage, wind, theft, and vandalism.
And that’s just the beginning. We have access to all of the best home insurance products in Canada, so no matter what additional protection you need, we’re sure to have a solution for you!
It’s all of your special belongings, furniture and collections that make a house a home. From clothing to electronics and jewellery, sports equipment to musical instruments, we can help make sure that you’re covered. You may be surprised to find that the value of your items adds up to more than you thought. Having the right coverage in place is vital if your personal property needs to be replaced.
Your home insurance policy will extend to cover more than your “four walls.” Included in this coverage are detached structures such as a garage and fences.
This coverage is one of the most important in your policy. It covers you for liability that may occur whether you are at home or away. Things like medical expenses and repair costs that arise from damage to someone else or a neighbouring property are covered. Suppose your child is incredible at baseball but unfortunately sends a baseball flying into your neighbour’s window, accidentally damaging their art collection. In that case, your liability coverage can step in to cover the damage.
Suppose your home can’t be occupied, whether due to damage or during repairs related to an insurance claim, your home insurance policy will cover living expenses during this time. The cost of alternative living arrangements will be covered, even extending to meals until you’re back home.
What Factors Determine the Cost of Home Insurance?
Not all homes are the same which means not all policies will cost the same. Aside from the type of policy and coverage that you choose, factors that affect your home insurance price include:
- Age of Home
Depending on age, some homes may be at more risk of a claim than
Postal codes provide insight into areas prone to flooding, vandalism, and other claims made
Type of building materials used to construct your home
- Credit Score
You can choose to have a soft touch credit check to apply a discount, depending on your credit score
- Claims History
There may be a discount applied if you’ve never had a claim
- Distance to Services
The distance from your home to a fire hydrant or a fire station affects claim risks
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique needs, and find the perfect motorcycle insurance policy for you. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your motorcycle coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
Ways to Save on Home Insurance in Alberta
- Mature Customer
- Claims Free
- Local or Monitored Alarm
- Water Leak Detection Device
- Company Loyalty
- Mortgage Free
- Credit Score Factor
Optional Protection Available to Enhance Your Coverage
Based on your lifestyle and where your home is located there may be additional coverages available to you, such as:
- Identity Theft
- Home Based Business
- Overland Water
- Sewer Backup
- Service Line Coverage
- Claim Protector
- Home Equipment Breakdown
Water damage is the most common claim we see when it comes to home ownership. Pipes can burst unexpectedly and flood spaces in your home. This can cause upwards of $15,000 worth of damage. The right home insurance policy will help mitigate these risks and get you back to your normal as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to find the best coverage for you so that you can continue to live your life the way you want to. To learn more about being a Westland client, click here.
10 Fun Facts About Alberta
- Chinooks are unique to Alberta. The name is given to the damp, warm winds from the Rocky Mountains and over to Calgary. They can increase the temperature by 15 degrees!
- Edmonton is home to North America’s largest mall. It has the world’s largest parking lot by being able to hold 20,000 vehicles.
- Ever wondered where Trick or Treat began? Look no further than Alberta. In 1927, the town of Blackie, AB reported on “pranksters” in costume going around and uttering the spooky words around town.
- Instead of presenting an honoree with the key to the city, Calgary does one better and offers a white cowboy hat instead.
- If you’re a Star Trek fan, you’ll want to read more. In Vulcan , AB, they’ve built a 31-foot replica of the USS Enterprise, which stands next to their visitors centre, which is shaped like a spaceship.
- Lloydminster finds itself straddled on the border of Saskatchewan and Alberta. What’s the Canadian thing to do? Just share it, of course.
- Dinosaur Provincial Park lives up to its name by being home to the world’s richest site of many different dinosaur bones.
- The Caesar was originated by Walter Chell in 1969. He remembered spaghetti being served with tomato sauce and clams back in Italy. He translated that to the Canadian staple drink we love today.
- Comic book fans rejoice. Wolverine, half-human half-wolf, was apparently born in Cold Lake in the 1880s.
- Everyone loves Stampede time of year in Calgary and pancakes as well. Every year during Stampede, there are more than 200,000 free pancakes served and consumed. Yehaw!