Mobile Home Insurance – Alberta
If a mobile home is how you roll, the insurance you need is specific to the type of home you have chosen. For most, the purchase of a mobile or manufactured home isn’t as much about its mobility as it is about lifestyle choice. It’s important to know that mobile homes do have some unique considerations when it comes to insurance. Your mobile home may be one of the most significant investments you’ll ever make.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each mobile home in Alberta is unique in its own way. From the neighbourhoods along the Rockies or those located throughout the many neighbourhoods in Calgary. Whether you’re looking for awe inspiring mountain landscapes or city views along the Bow River, Alberta has it all! With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people call Alberta home.
We understand its vital to protect what’s most important to you and your family. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on what’s important in your life.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your insurance needs to match your goals, your lifestyle and your budget. Our expert home insurance advisors get to know you, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs.
We’ll find the best coverage for you at the right price so that you can continue to live your life the way you want to.
Insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
Mobile Home Insurance Explained
There are so many aspects of coverage to a mobile home insurance policy. Mobile home insurance is similar to that of homeowner’s insurance but reflects differences unique to the aspects of a mobile home. Your mobile home insurance will cover the damage to your home from any risks outlined in your policy to ensure that you’re able to get back to normal as quickly as possible.
And that’s just the beginning. We have access to all the best mobile home insurance products in Canada, so no matter what additional protection you need, we’re sure to have a solution for you!
Like any home, the value of your belongings will add up faster than you think. Calculating the cost of replacing these items is important, particularly if you own higher-value items than the limits available on your policy. High-end bicycles, jewellery, and electronics can add up quickly and may require additional coverage if they are beyond your policy limits. Be sure to talk to us about options for insuring these items.
Like any homeowner, you want to put your personal touch on the look of your home. Many mobile homeowners will add decking, gazebos, even storage sheds or small garages to their homes. This, combined with skirting costs, will eventually need to be factored into the replacement cost of your mobile home.
This coverage provides financial protection for any damages or injuries you might cause to others, and its most significant benefit is that it follows you everywhere. As you likely purchased your mobile home in part due to the flexibility it offers. Liability coverage will provide you the same flexibility. If you’re travelling and cause accidental damage to a hotel room, your liability coverage will kick in.
Your insurance will cover the cost of disconnecting power, water lines, and towing or other transportation to get your place out of the literal line of fire. Since your home has the benefit of built-in wheels, it can be removed from harms way!
What Factors Determine the Cost of Mobile Home Insurance?
Not all mobile homes are the same which means not all policies will cost the same. Aside from the type of policy and coverage that you choose, factors that affect your home insurance price include:
- Age of Home
Depending on age, some homes may be at more risk of a claim than
Postal codes provide insight into areas prone to flooding, vandalism, and other claims made
Type of building materials used to construct your home
- Credit Score
You can choose to have a soft touch credit check to apply a discount, depending on your credit score
- Claims History
There may be a discount applied if you’ve never had a claim
- Distance to Services
The distance from your home to a fire hydrant or a fire station affects claim risks
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique needs, and find the perfect mobile home insurance policy for you. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your mobile home coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
Ways to Save on Your Mobile Home Insurance in Alberta
- Mature Customer
- Claims Free
- Local or Monitored Alarm
- Water Lead Detection Device
- Company Loyalty
- Mortgage Free
- Credit Score Factor
Optional Protection Available to Enhance Your Coverage
Based on your lifestyle and where your home is located there may be additional coverages available to you, such as:
- Identity Theft
- Home Based Business
- Glass Breakage
- Home Equipment Breakdown
Water damage is the most common claim we see when it comes to mobile home ownership. Hot water tanks can burst unexpectedly and flood spaces in your home. This can cause upwards of $15,000 of damage due to the complexities of construction for a mobile home. The right mobile home insurance policy will help mitigate these risks and get you back to your normal as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to find the best coverage for you so that you can continue to live your life the way you want to. To learn more about being a Westland client, click here.
10 Fun Facts About Alberta
- Chinooks are unique to Alberta. The name is given to the damp, warm winds from the Rocky Mountains and over to Calgary. They can increase the temperature by 15 degrees!
- Edmonton is home to North America’s largest mall. It has the world’s largest parking lot by being able to hold 20,000 vehicles.
- Ever wondered where Trick or Treat began? Look no further than Alberta. In 1927, the town of Blackie, AB reported on “pranksters” in costume going around and uttering the spooky words around town.
- Instead of presenting an honoree with the key to the city, Calgary does one better and offers a white cowboy hat instead.
- If you’re a Star Trek fan, you’ll want to read more. In Vulcan , AB, they’ve built a 31-foot replica of the USS Enterprise, which stands next to their visitors centre, which is shaped like a spaceship.
- Lloydminster finds itself straddled on the border of Saskatchewan and Alberta. What’s the Canadian thing to do? Just share it, of course.
- Dinosaur Provincial Park lives up to its name by being home to the world’s richest site of many different dinosaur bones.
- The Caesar was originated by Walter Chell in 1969. He remembered spaghetti being served with tomato sauce and clams back in Italy. He translated that to the Canadian staple drink we love today.
- Comic book fans rejoice. Wolverine, half-human half-wolf, was apparently born in Cold Lake in the 1880s.
- Everyone loves Stampede time of year in Calgary and pancakes as well. Every year during Stampede, there are more than 200,000 free pancakes served and consumed. Yehaw!