Mobile Home Insurance – Saskatchewan
If a mobile home is how you roll, the insurance you need is specific to the type of home you have chosen. For most, the purchase of a mobile or manufactured home isn’t as much about its mobility as it is about lifestyle choice. It’s important to know that mobile homes do have some unique considerations when it comes to insurance. Your mobile home may be one of the most significant investments you’ll ever make.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each mobile home in Saskatchewan is unique in its own way. From the neighbourhoods throughout Regina or those located throughout rural prairie communities. Whether you’re looking for awe inspiring prairie views or dense forests up north, has it all! With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people call Saskatchewan home.
We understand its vital to protect what’s most important to you and your family. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on what’s important in your life.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your insurance needs to match your goals, your lifestyle and your budget. Our expert home insurance advisors get to know you, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs.
We’ll find the best coverage for you at the right price so that you can continue to live your life the way you want to.
Insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
Mobile Home Insurance Explained
There are so many aspects of coverage to a mobile home insurance policy. Mobile home insurance is similar to that of homeowner’s insurance but reflects differences unique to the aspects of a mobile home. Your mobile home insurance will cover the damage to your home from any risks outlined in your policy to ensure that you’re able to get back to normal as quickly as possible.
And that’s just the beginning. We have access to all the best mobile home insurance products in Canada, so no matter what additional protection you need, we’re sure to have a solution for you!
Like any home, the value of your belongings will add up faster than you think. Calculating the cost of replacing these items is important, particularly if you own higher-value items than the limits available on your policy. High-end bicycles, jewellery, and electronics can add up quickly and may require additional coverage if they are beyond your policy limits. Be sure to talk to us about options for insuring these items.
Like any homeowner, you want to put your personal touch on the look of your home. Many mobile homeowners will add decking, gazebos, even storage sheds or small garages to their homes. This, combined with skirting costs, will eventually need to be factored into the replacement cost of your mobile home.
This coverage provides financial protection for any damages or injuries you might cause to others, and its most significant benefit is that it follows you everywhere. As you likely purchased your mobile home in part due to the flexibility it offers. Liability coverage will provide you the same flexibility. If you’re travelling and cause accidental damage to a hotel room, your liability coverage will kick in.
Your insurance will cover the cost of disconnecting power, water lines, and towing or other transportation to get your place out of the literal line of fire. Since your home has the benefit of built-in wheels, it can be removed from harms way!
What Factors Determine the Cost of Mobile Home Insurance?
Not all mobile homes are the same which means not all policies will cost the same. Aside from the type of policy and coverage that you choose, factors that affect your home insurance price include:
- Age of Home
Depending on age, some homes may be at more risk of a claim than
Postal codes provide insight into areas prone to flooding, vandalism, and other claims made
Type of building materials used to construct your home
- Credit Score
You can choose to have a soft touch credit check to apply a discount, depending on your credit score
- Claims History
There may be a discount applied if you’ve never had a claim
- Distance to Services
The distance from your home to a fire hydrant or a fire station affects claim risks
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique needs, and find the perfect mobile home insurance policy for you. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your mobile home coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
Ways to Save on Your Mobile Home Insurance in Saskatchewan
- Mature Customer
- Claims Free
- Local or Monitored Alarm
- Water Lead Detection Device
- Company Loyalty
- Mortgage Free
- Credit Score Factor
Optional Protection Available to Enhance Your Coverage
Based on your lifestyle and where your home is located there may be additional coverages available to you, such as:
- Identity Theft
- Home Based Business
- Glass Breakage
- Home Equipment Breakdown
Water damage is the most common claim we see when it comes to mobile home ownership. Hot water tanks can burst unexpectedly and flood spaces in your home. This can cause upwards of $15,000 of damage due to the complexities of construction for a mobile home. The right mobile home insurance policy will help mitigate these risks and get you back to your normal as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to find the best coverage for you so that you can continue to live your life the way you want to. To learn more about being a Westland client, click here.
10 Fun Facts About Saskatchewan
- Saskatchewan’s license plates have the slogan “Land of the Living Skies.” Who could disagree with that? From clouds rolling through to the dazzling sunsets, who needs any other entertainment?
- Love driving? Then you’re in luck as there are more roads here than any other province in Canada. You can drive around the equator four times or the equivalent of 160,000 kilometers.
- You may think that Saskatchewan is a flat, farmland province, but you’d be wrong. Venture further north to have forests and close to 100,000 lakes greet you.
- Residents of Saskatchewan don’t struggle with time changes as there is no Daylight Savings Time.
- Sunshine is Saskatchewan’s specialty as it’s the sunniest place in Canada. Over 2,000 hours of sunlight a year. Even better, Estevan wins this contest with 2,435 hours of sunlight in the year.
- Saskatchewan has a unique shape as a province. It follows the lines of longitude and latitude, which makes it a geometrical shape. Every elementary school student knows that this was always the easiest province to draw!
- The province is famous for sand dunes. Some dunes in Great Sand Hills are up to 25 meters high.
- Regina is home to the longest bridge over the shortest span of water. The Albert Street Bridge, which was built in 1903, is 850 feet long. However, the Wascana Creek below is only a few feet wide.
- The province is home to many storm systems. In 1973 in the town of Cedoux, a grapefruit-sized piece of hail was found, weighing almost 300 grams.
- The official sport of Saskatchewan is curling. Hard to argue when most towns have a local curling club.