Seasonal Home Insurance – Saskatchewan
Outdoor adventures, lakeside moonlight evenings, the silence of a retreat out of the city, or the cabin in the woods you’ve always dreamt of owning. Memories are made at your seasonal home, and we’re here to protect it. Your seasonal home may be one of the most significant investments you’ll ever make.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each seasonal home in Saskatchewan is unique in its own way. From homes tucked away in the coniferous forests of northern Saskatchewan to cottages with views of the rugged rock of the Canadian Shield and homes outside the city that provide silence and relaxation. We’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why people are proud to call Saskatchewan home.
We understand its vital to protect what’s most important to you and your family. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on what’s important in your life.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your insurance needs to match your goals, your lifestyle and your budget. Our expert seasonal home insurance advisors get to know you, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs.
We’ll find the best coverage for you at the right price so that you can continue to live your life the way you want to.
Insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
Seasonal Home Insurance Explained
There are so many aspects of coverage to a seasonal home insurance policy. Just because you may not live in a seasonal property year-round, that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be protected all the time. Your seasonal home insurance will cover the damage to your home from any risks outlined in your policy to ensure that you’re able to get back to normal as quickly as possible. A few of the risks discussed in a policy include fire, water damage, wind, theft, and vandalism.
And that’s just the beginning. We have access to all the best home insurance products in Canada, so no matter what additional protection you need, we’re sure to have a solution for you!
As a seasonal homeowner, you know the benefit of having a place to escape is that you don’t have to constantly bring all the belongings from your primary home to have a good time. You’ll have belongings that are specific to the décor and use of the house. You may have equipment that is specific to the activities you love to do at your seasonal home. It’s essential to cover all contents that remain permanently at this location. The items you continually take back and forth week after week need to be covered on your primary home insurance.
Your seasonal home insurance policy will extend to cover more than your “four walls.” However, depending on your property, you might want to buy additional coverage on structures. Coverage may be limited for outbuildings such as boathouses.
This coverage is one of the most important in your policy. It covers you for liability that may occur whether you are at home or away. Regardless of whether your property is used year-round or seasonally, liability coverage is important as accidents can happen anywhere, anytime. This will also cover you for any damage you may cause to a neighbour’s property.
What Factors Determine the Cost of Seasonal Home Insurance?
Not all seasonal homes are the same which means not all policies will cost the same. Aside from the type of policy and coverage that you choose, factors that affect your home insurance price include:
Age of home
Depending on age, some homes may be at more risk of a claim than others
Postal codes provide insight into areas prone to flooding, vandalism, and other claims made
Type of building materials used to construct your home
There may be a discount applied if you’ve never had a claim
You can choose to have a soft touch credit check to apply a discount, depending on your credit score
Distance to Services
The distance from your home to a fire hydrant or a fire station affects claim risks
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique needs, and find the perfect seasonal home insurance policy for you. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your seasonal home coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
Ways to Save on Your Seasonal Home Insurance in Saskatchewan
- Mature Customer
- Claims Free
- Local or Monitored Alarm
- Water Leak Detection Device
- Company Loyalty
- Mortgage Free • Credit Score Factor
Water damage is the most common claim we see when it comes to rental properties. For example, the supply line to a toilet can erode and cause flooding throughout the rental. This causes an issue for both your renter and your income when it comes to the property. The right rental property insurance policy will help mitigate these risks and get you back to your normal as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to find the best coverage for you so that you can continue to live your life the way you want to. To learn more about being a Westland client, click here.
10 Fun Facts About Saskatchewan
- Saskatchewan’s license plates have the slogan “Land of the Living Skies.” Who could disagree with that? From clouds rolling through to the dazzling sunsets, who needs any other entertainment?
- Love driving? Then you’re in luck as there are more roads here than any other province in Canada. You can drive around the equator four times or the equivalent of 160,000 kilometers.
- You may think that Saskatchewan is a flat, farmland province, but you’d be wrong. Venture further north to have forests and close to 100,000 lakes greet you.
- Residents of Saskatchewan don’t struggle with time changes as there is no Daylight Savings Time.
- Sunshine is Saskatchewan’s specialty as it’s the sunniest place in Canada. Over 2,000 hours of sunlight a year. Even better, Estevan wins this contest with 2,435 hours of sunlight in the year.
- Saskatchewan has a unique shape as a province. It follows the lines of longitude and latitude, which makes it a geometrical shape. Every elementary school student knows that this was always the easiest province to draw!
- The province is famous for sand dunes. Some dunes in Great Sand Hills are up to 25 meters high.
- Regina is home to the longest bridge over the shortest span of water. The Albert Street Bridge, which was built in 1903, is 850 feet long. However, the Wascana Creek below is only a few feet wide.
- The province is home to many storm systems. In 1973 in the town of Cedoux, a grapefruit-sized piece of hail was found, weighing almost 300 grams.
- The official sport of Saskatchewan is curling. Hard to argue when most towns have a local curling club.