Ever had questions when it comes to your ICBC renewal or coverage? Of course, at some point we all have. The team over at Westland Insurance has put together the top 10 questions when it comes to all things ICBC. Westland Insurance understands that there’s a lot to know when it comes to your ICBC insurance and driver’s license.
From staying on top of your renewal dates to making sure the coverage you have in place is still the best for you and your lifestyle. Well, you asked, and Westland listened! Here we go.
1. Can you renew car insurance over the phone?
• Yes. An awesome feature that Westland Insurance provides is an online ICBC renewal request experience. Their auto insurance advisors can complete your ICBC renewal completely over the phone or by email. Whether you’re relaxing on the couch or taking a break at work, they’re ready to help get your renewal off your to-do list. You’ll even receive an email to your inbox after with a copy of your documents. If any hard copy documents are required, you’ll receive them in the mail shortly after. Car insurance renewal is the way that works best for you!
2. How do I renew my car insurance online?
• Renewing your car insurance online has never been easier in our opinion. As a Westland client, you have options on how you’d like to renew your car insurance. Through their online ICBC renewal request, submit your info and an advisor will get in touch to get started on your renewal. Does it work better to schedule a phone call with an advisor? Great, they can do that too. Renew your ICBC insurance online, on your time.
3. Can I renew my driver’s licence online in BC?
• You bet. Renewing your licence online can be done directly with ICBC. To renew your licence online with ICBC, click here.
4. What happens if you drive with an expired licence in BC?
• It goes without saying that driving with an expired licence is never the best thing to do. Especially when Westland has made the ICBC online renewal request experience work on your time! If you’re out on the road with an expired licence, you run the risk of getting a ticket, fines, vehicle impoundment, or even jail time.
5. How do I renew my car insurance after it expires?
• Even if your insurance has already expired, Westland insurance can look after it over the phone or in person. Of course, you’ll want to be mindful not to drive your vehicle until it’s renewed and to get your insurance renewed as soon as possible, but a plate can be renewed after your insurance has expired.
6. What happens if I forget to renew my car insurance?
• Expired insurance can leave you open to fines as well as zero coverage. Imagine you’re out on the road and find yourself in an at-fault fender bender. Without insurance, you’ll be on the hook for the bill when it comes to damages. Or let’s say an accident happens and you damage property. If you don’t plan to make out-of-pocket payments, renew that policy!
7. What is the fine for driving without insurance in BC?
• The fine is $598. With the ICBC online renewal with Westland Insurance, it’s never been easier to renew your plates. Don’t risk being out on the road without insurance or having a pricey fine to pay.
8. What happens if I don’t pay for my insurance on time?
• Similar to the answer to question #6, it’s important to make your payment on time to avoid issues with your coverage or fines. Have you recently missed a payment? Connect with us today and we’ll ensure you are properly covered for your next adventure.
9. Am I still insured if I miss a payment?
• For sure, if you miss a payment you can rest easy knowing that your insurance is still protecting you on the road. The difference-maker here is if you miss multiple payments. In that case, ICBC will contact you directly and you may run the risk of losing some insurance coverages.
10. How far in advance can I renew my insurance?
• You’ll receive an ICBC Autoplan renewal reminder about a month before the date your insurance is to expire. Once you get the reminder you can schedule your online ICBC renewal request with Westland Insurance and get it off your to-do list. If you receive your renewal earlier than expected or know you’ll be away during your renewal time, you can do so 44 days in advance. If you’re on monthly payments, you can renew early and not pay anything extra, so get that renewal off your list and rest easy knowing that you’re covered.
Have a question that didn’t get answered? No problem, connect with the folks over at Westland Insurance today to chat more. Remember to check out their Online ICBC Renewal Request when your renewal rolls around next.
Westland Insurance has called BC home since 1980. Since then, Westland has grown to be involved in communities across Canada. With almost 100 locations across British Columbia, they’re here for not only your next ICBC renewal but all aspects of protecting what’s most important in your life. Local expertise in your community.
Check out Westland Insurance or call 1-800-899-3093 today!