Request a Quote
or Find a Local Agent

Saskatchewan Small Contractors and Subcontractors Insurance


We are making it easy to purchase contractors insurance with our key benefits:

  • Comprehensive customized policy
  • Efficiency of online quoting but with personalized support and advice of an actual person
  • Quotes and policies can be issued by phone or email
  • Quick and easy application with minimal steps
  • Limits available based on your company size
  • Monthly payments for contractors insurance, either from a bank account or using a credit card
  • Fast turnaround on certificates
  • Contract review services
  • CCDC-compliant insurance packages


Types of Contractors:

We insure a wide variety of contactors including (but not limited to) the following:

  • General Contactors
  • Renovation Contractors
  • Electrical Contractors
  • Landscaping & Excavation Contractors
  • Framing Contractors
  • Mechanical/Plumbing Contractors
  • Concrete Contractors
  • Finishing Contractors
  • Insulation Contractors
  • Roofing Contractors
  • Painting Contractors
  • Drywall Contractors
  • General Contractors

We have a dedicated bonding team to assist our Contractors with Contract Surety Bonds.

Insurance options for Contractors

We understand that contractors are exposed to many unique risks depending on the type of work they do. We work with our clients to ensure coverage is customized to the contractor’s unique exposures and needs.

Q: Can I buy coverage for my tools?
A: Yes, you can include a ‘tool floater’ to protect the tools you need to do your job, whether they’re at home or at a job site.

Q: Can I cover my materials in case they’re damaged or stolen while waiting to be installed? 
A: Yes, our packages include an ‘installation floater’ for this exact reason.

Q: Do I require coverage after a project is complete? 
A: Yes. If your work causes damage after you walk away from a project (a beam falls and hits someone, a fixture springs a leak and causes water damage, etc.), you need an active policy including ‘Products & Completed Operations’ coverage to defend you.

Q: Do I require different insurance if I am doing specialty contract work, such as working on a boat, at an airport or in an industrial cold storage facility etc.?

A: Probably. Most contractors’ insurance policies assume you are not doing any ‘specialized’ work such as marine, airport, high-rise, industrial, etc. You need to discuss this with your broker to make sure you’re covered.

Q: Can I get coverage for contract disputes and legal expenses that aren’t covered by my basic Commercial General Liability policy?
A: Yes! Your CGL policy is not going to pay your legal costs if you are pursued by Canada Revenue Agency, or if you need to sue someone for breach of contract. You can purchase separate Legal Expense Insurance to help in situations like these – just ask us.