Contractors’ Equipment Insurance – Manitoba
Imagine completing a large landscaping job without any equipment. Hauling heavy rocks and sod rolls by hand just doesn’t make sense. Neither does having heavy equipment without the right coverage! Whether you’re a landscaper with a bobcat, or a road construction company with a fleet of machines, your machines are at risk of damage or loss while you’re putting them to work. You likely need Contractors’ equipment to complete your day-to-day. Contractors’ equipment insurance can help look after your equipment to you can keep working hard on your next projects.
As your local insurance experts, we know that each business in Manitoba is unique in its own way. From landscape companies in Brandon who bring beauty to the yards of their clients to road construction companies who keep potholes off the streets of Winnipeg, and every other company using contractors’ equipment in between, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to set up shop in Manitoba.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
We understand that insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
Contractors’ Equipment Insurance Explained
For some companies, the use of heavy equipment is a total necessity to get the job done. Heavy equipment is an expensive asset to your business, so it’s important to have the right coverage to ensure it’s protected. As specialists in contractor’s equipment Insurance, Westland Insurance understands the terrain your equipment is used in and the potential risks you encounter. Our policy stands up to the demands of the field to ensure you are protected.
No matter the industry, our commercial insurance advisors can help you find the right coverage to ensure your business is covered if there’s a loss to your heavy equipment inventory.
Contractors’ equipment policies will provide coverage for two main areas: coverage for equipment against physical loss or damage to the equipment itself as well as insurance protection for potential liability insurance claims that could arise from the use and operation of such equipment. For example, your Contractors’ equipment inventory will be covered in the event of an insured loss such as fire or theft.
What additional extensions of coverage can a contractors’ equipment insurance policy provide?
- Newly Acquired Property coverage can extend coverage to automatically insure any additional newly acquired items that you rent, borrow, lease or purchase.
- Rental Reimbursement can extend coverage to insure the additional expenses incurred for the rental of replacement equipment, when your equipment has suffered loss or damage from a peril insured.
- Rental Equipment Coverage can extend coverage to insure loss or damage to equipment rented from others.
Some of the heavy equipment industries we serve include:
- Pipeline Construction
- Road Construction
- Snow Removal
- General Construction
Wherever your equipment goes, your equipment insurance is along for the ride as well. That means, wherever jobs take you, you won’t have to worry about the big things, like hitting power lines, or the little things, like broken windows.
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
How Much Does Contractors’ Equipment Insurance Cost in Manitoba?
Just as businesses differ across the province, so do the risks and exposures which impact the cost. The following factors will impact the cost of your contractors’ equipment insurance coverage:
- Equipment Value
- Type of Equipment
- Location of Equipment
- Loss Experience
- Equipment Use
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
Theft is one of the most common claims we see when it comes to contractors’ equipment, whether that’s theft from the job site or from the vehicle containing equipment. The right contractors’ equipment insurance policy will help mitigate these risks and get you back to your normal as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to find the best coverage for your business so you can focus on what’s important. To learn more about being a Westland client, click here.
10 Manitoba Business Facts
- It should come to no surprise that the agriculture industry is a vital part of the economy in Manitoba. In fact, it’s found in almost all communities in the southern half of the province.
- Manitoba boasts the largest producers of sunflower seed and dry beans.
- Love fast food fries? They likely came from hard working potato farmers in Portage la Prairie and surrounding community. So much so there is the Potato Festival every year in celebration of just that, potatoes!
- The main tourist attraction in Manitoba is Churchill’s Arctic wildlife. Visitors can travel to northern Manitoba and become part of a sloth of polar bears.
- The oldest company in Canada finds its home in downtown Winnipeg. The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is the oldest Canadian company and just the second oldest in North America.
- When you think of Manitoba, does the aerospace industry come to mind? It should! It is the largest in Western Canada and employs over 5,300 people.
- Manitoba is the cultural capital of Canada when it comes to festivals. Locals can take in Festival Du Voyageur, Folklarama, Trapper’s Festival and Manito Ahbee.
- Transportation and logistics are another strength of Manitoba. CentrePort Canada is a 20,000-acre inland port. It provides facilities for warehousing, manufacturing and distribution.
- Manitoba has some pretty creative residents! So much so in fact that it’s coined the name the Cultural Cradle of Canada. We have more than 4,600 business involved in visual arts, music and performing. We also have 400 in film, 900 design firms, and 300 marketing and advertising businesses.
- Food processing pulls in $4.7 billion in revenues with over 250 companies. Food items include pork, eggs and other meat products.