Westland’s 2022 Community Impact Report
Welcome to Westland Insurance’s Community Impact Report for 2022. We’re proud to present this report that marks the beginning of an annual tradition where we share the results of our ongoing efforts to strengthen and give back to communities across Canada.
This report showcases our deep-rooted commitment to social responsibility and celebrates the volunteerism of our dedicated employees. It transparently breaks down the impact of our initiatives by region, with the aim of inspiring continued action for years to come.
At Westland, our community vision is to be an authentic and invested community member. We:
- Invest in the longevity of Canadian communities by providing local employment opportunities.
- Empower our employees to be the voice of Westland in their communities.
- Direct our contributions to causes important to clients and employees to keep their communities strong.
A message from our President & CEO, Jamie Lyons
Since being founded in 1980, Westland’s commitment to supporting the vitality of the communities where our clients and employees live has spanned over four decades. I’m proud to say that in 2022 we began an intentional shift towards being an even more purpose driven organization. We did this by focusing on action in the following areas:
- Homelessness and food insecurity
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)
- Wellness and mental health
- Environmental initiatives
- Local community volunteer programs
By acting now, we’re not only securing the long-term sustainability of our business, but also laying the foundation for future generations to thrive in strong, supportive communities…continue reading in the full report.