Tenant Insurance – Alberta
Are you moving to your very first apartment in Calgary for university? Brand new to Edmonton and renting a townhome? Planning to downsize and rent a place in Grand Prairie? Although you don’t own the property you’re now calling home, you have some of the same insurance needs as a homeowner. Rest easy knowing that whether you’re renting an apartment, townhome, or a suite in a high-rise building, we’ll help you get the right tenant coverage in Alberta.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your family. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on what’s important in your life.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your insurance needs to match your goals, your lifestyle and your budget. Our expert tenant insurance advisors get to know you, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs.
We’ll find the best coverage for you at the right price so that you can continue to live your life the way you want to.
Insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
How Much Does Tenant Insurance Cost in Alberta?
Tenants insurance is a small investment considering the return. In most cases, it can be the same price as eating one meal out per month. Some factors that contribute to the premium cost include your location, the limits of insurance selected, and choice of deductible.
Tenant Insurance Explained
Did you know that as a renter, your landlord’s home insurance won’t cover your belongings in the event of a fire, theft, or damage?
You’re also responsible for any damage that you cause to your building and for any accidental injuries incurred by someone while visiting the property.
Think about all the things you own, mainly how many boxes it would take to move all your belongings. Throughout the years, that can quickly accumulate. This goes beyond furniture, including electronics, clothing, jewellery, sporting equipment, and other valuables.
Renters need to have the right insurance to cover the expense of replacing their belongings if something happens. Keep in mind, most tenants’ policies have a limit on certain items. For example, if you are into mountain biking and have a high-end bike with accessories, you’ll want to ensure that you select a higher limit to reflect the actual value.
Did you get the go-ahead from your landlord to upgrade an aspect of your space? Tenants insurance covers everything that’s inside the walls of your area, including permanent upgrades. So that built-in stereo sound system or walk-in closet shelving system adds value to your space and is essential to consider when choosing your insurance limits.
Another critical aspect of tenant insurance is liability coverage, both for in your home and while you’re away. If an accident occurs and you cause damage to not only your unit but also the rest of the apartment building, you’re covered. For example, If you left something in the oven which led to a fire, you would be responsible for damages caused to any part of the building or apartment complex that you reside in. The same will apply if you are outside of your home and accidentally cause damage to another person or their property.
If something happens to your space and you aren’t able to stay there, your tenant policy will cover the cost of alternative living arrangements. It will also cover the cost of meals while you’re out of your home. Having something happen to your home can be extremely stressful. With tenant’s insurance, it can take away some of that stress to help you get to a sense of normalcy.
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique needs, and find the perfect tenant insurance policy for you. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your tenant coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
Optional Protection Available to Enhance Your Coverage
Based on your lifestyle and where you’re located, there may be additional coverages available to you, such as:
- Identity Theft
- Home Based Business
- Overland Water
- Sewer Backup
- Service Line Coverage
- Claim Protector
Ways to Save on Tenant Insurance in Alberta
- Customers 50 years of age or older
- Claims Free
- Local Alarm
- Monitored Alarm
- Sprinkler System
- Water Leak Detection Device
- Increase in Deductible
Water damage is the most common claim we see when it comes to tenants. For example, a pipe can burst in the ceiling in the unit that you rent and cause damage to your contents. Depending on the value and quantity of your property, this can cause damages of around $5,000. The right tenant insurance policy will help mitigate these risks and get you back to your normal as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to find the best coverage for you so that you can continue to live your life the way you want to. To learn more about being a Westland client, click here.
10 Fun Facts About Alberta
- Chinooks are unique to Alberta. The name is given to the damp, warm winds from the Rocky Mountains and over to Calgary. They can increase the temperature by 15 degrees!
- Edmonton is home to North America’s largest mall. It has the world’s largest parking lot by being able to hold 20,000 vehicles.
- Ever wondered where Trick or Treat began? Look no further than Alberta. In 1927, the town of Blackie, AB reported on “pranksters” in costume going around and uttering the spooky words around town.
- Instead of presenting an honoree with the key to the city, Calgary does one better and offers a white cowboy hat instead.
- If you’re a Star Trek fan, you’ll want to read more. In Vulcan , AB, they’ve built a 31-foot replica of the USS Enterprise, which stands next to their visitors centre, which is shaped like a spaceship.
- Lloydminster finds itself straddled on the border of Saskatchewan and Alberta. What’s the Canadian thing to do? Just share it, of course.
- Dinosaur Provincial Park lives up to its name by being home to the world’s richest site of many different dinosaur bones.
- The Caesar was originated by Walter Chell in 1969. He remembered spaghetti being served with tomato sauce and clams back in Italy. He translated that to the Canadian staple drink we love today.
- Comic book fans rejoice. Wolverine, half-human half-wolf, was apparently born in Cold Lake in the 1880s.
- Everyone loves Stampede time of year in Calgary and pancakes as well. Every year during Stampede, there are more than 200,000 free pancakes served and consumed. Yehaw!
Need some help?
We'll help you get back to normal as quickly as possible.Claims
When you need us, we’re here. Connect with us.Contact Us
Visit Client Support
Check out our resources page for helpful content or connect with our client support team.Contact Client Support