School Insurance – British Columbia
As someone who operates a college facility or independent school, you know it houses more than just classrooms and books. There are many intangible values that form the heart of any school making it unique, from the irreplaceable impacts of teachers on their students, to the lessons and values learned through the students’ experience during their time at your school. We know the unique risks that a college or independent school may face and how we can equip your business to ensure you’re properly covered.
As your local insurance experts for over 40 years, we know that each business in the education industry in BC is unique in its own way. From those who teach the young minds in Surrey, to post-secondary education institutions in Kelowna and all other schools in between, we’ve got you covered. With all it has to offer, it’s not hard to understand why so many people decide to work, live and go to school in BC. And with 100 locations across the province, there’s sure to be a Westland location near you.
We understand it’s vital to protect what’s most important to you and your business. Our expert insurance advisors are here to ensure you’re protected and provide peace of mind so you can focus on nurturing your business for the future.
Why Choose Westland?
We know that your business insurance needs to match your goals, your business and your budget. Our expert business insurance advisors get to know you and your business, so that they can tailor a policy to your exact needs. We’ll work with you to build a risk management solution, ensuring coverages line up with your business needs.
Insurance can be complex sometimes. Let our expert insurance advisors do the heavy lifting! We’ll help you find a policy that you feel is the best fit and provides peace of mind. To learn more about the benefits of being a Westland client, Click here.
School Insurance Explained
From independent schools who look after primary education, to post-secondary institutions specializing in specific industry education. We know that each school is unique and faces its own risks. That’s why at Westland, we’ve designed a package for you that goes beyond safeguarding your school’s assets. In fact, we’ve been building our reputation as school insurance specialists over the past 30 plus years by providing customized insurance solutions to hundreds of career colleges and independent schools.
Westland’s specialized insurance program has been designed to specifically meet the needs of privately operated schools based on our experience serving such organizations. Our program provides a broad range of specialized coverages for educational institutions of all kinds.
Schools don’t have an open sign or semiannual sales. They operate as a business to provide education and resources, which is different than many other types of business. Because of this, there are unique risks to the school industry.
Our comprehensive package for Schools includes the following features and benefits:
- Educational Institution’s Errors and Omissions Liability
- Professional Liability
- Commercial Property
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Abuse Liability including harassment
- Liability coverage for off-campus special events and training programs
- Blanket Exterior Glass coverage
- Non-owned Automobile Liability
- Comprehensive Business Interruption coverage which includes extended perils and a longer indemnity period
We can help with your auto insurance needs too! Connect with us today to ensure you’re covered out on the road.
Review Your Insurance and Get a Quote with Westland
Ready to discuss your insurance needs? Our expert advisors are here to review your current insurance policies, discuss your unique risks and operations, and find the perfect insurance policy for your business. Whether it’s over email, the phone or in person we are ready to help! To get started on a quote now and see price estimates for your business coverage, click the button below. Our advisors will contact you right away and help navigate your risk management needs. Of course, we are always available to talk over the phone or in person. Check out our locations page to connect with an office closest to you!
10 BC Business Facts
- British Columbia has a solid small business sector, with 98% of all businesses in the province and over one million people employed.
- British Columbia is one of the top 3 producing regions of cranberries and blueberries in the world.
- BC ranks first in the country for small businesses (per capita), with 84.2 businesses per 1,000 people.
- Over 38% of self-employed BC residents are women, making BC the second-highest rate of women-led businesses in the country.
- The primary industry in BC is the service industry, accounting for more than 75% of the province’s GDP.
- In Vancouver alone, there are approximately 79,989 businesses.
- BC’s forest industry contributes about $12.9 billion to the provincial GDP every year.
- The film industry in BC employs over 70,000 people.
- Fan of seafood? BC is the place for you, exporting salmon, crab, shrimp, you name it!
- British Columbia is one of the most popular wine regions on the continent.